Great, budget appetizers?

disneybound31

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have any really tasty, but fairly easy and budget friendly appetizer recipes? We are going finger foods and easy desserts for our annual family Xmas party- will be about 40 of us total and we all contribute a couple foods each, plus a dessert...
TIA!!

This is really easy and really cheap!

1 lb sausage
1 8 oz brick of cream cheese, softened
1 4-pack biscuits (40 count)

Brown and drain sausage. Mix in softened cream cheese. Place teaspoonfuls of sausage mixture in flattened biscuits and bake according to biscuit package directions.

These are so good! My family calls them sausage bombs... because they are the bomb!

Super easy and not that expensive if you watch for sales....

Shrimp w/cocktail sauce.
(even Walmart has large bags in frozen section)
Most grocery stores have them on sale starting next week and you can get a large shrimp ring includes sauce. Easy and a fun "treat".

Carrs Wafers
Brie Cheese
Grapes

Hummus Dip and Pita Chips

Cut Veggies and Ranch Dip

We sometimes make a taco ring at Christmas, we call it a taco doughnut! You drape crescent roll triangles around a round baking sheet with the edges of the crescents hanging off the sheet and each crescent triangle touching the ones next to it. You stuff the crescents with taco meat then wrap it all up so you have a ring, then bake. (make sense?) You can layer toppings in the center of the ring, like lettuce, onions, olives and salsa. I like to make a small bow out of red bell pepper slivers and place it at the bottom of the ring to look like a wreath. Oh, and a hollowed out bell pepper filled with sour cream can be placed in the middle.

Here's a link with the recipe:
http://www.thatsmyhome.com/mainstreetdeli/tacres.htm

We like bacon wrapped water chestnuts.

Take a can of water chestnuts if you have a lot of time to marinade then dump the whole can including the water into a bowl and add soy sauce. If you don't have a lot of time drain the water chestnuts and dump add soy sauce.

Cut the bacon strips into half or even 1/3rd and wrap around the water chestnut. Use toothpick to keep bacon around the water chestnut.

I put them on a cookie sheet to bake. Not sure how long I cook them-it's been a while since I made them (I will be making them in about a week). If you are taking them to a party, you can cook them til they are almost done and then put them into a dish and re-heat in the oven later.

Cheap and easy!

Breaded and fried cauliflower with a side of marinara for dipping. I always steam the cauliflower first (not too much) to speed up cooking time.

Mini hotdogs sauteed in BBQ sauce

Mini tacos
Buy Scoops! brand tortilla chips, taco bell taco seasoning. We top each with meat, shredded cheddar, tomato and scallion. It is easy to bring to someones house. Just reheat the meat in their microwave and have your topping chopped and ready to go.

turkey wraps:
buy large size flour tortillas. spread a think layer of cream cheese. Then, put sliced turkey, shredded cheddar, and fresh spinach leaves and roll it up. Then slice in pinwheels. They look pretty!

This is really easy and really cheap!

1 lb sausage
1 8 oz brick of cream cheese, softened
1 4-pack biscuits (40 count)

Brown and drain sausage. Mix in softened cream cheese. Place teaspoonfuls of sausage mixture in flattened biscuits and bake according to biscuit package directions.

These are so good! My family calls them sausage bombs... because they are the bomb!

I do the sausage and cream cheese and then fill mushroom caps with the mixture. Bake it for 15 min at 350. Yummy stuffed mushrooms

sounds so odd but i just made it on sunday and it was amazing. Huge hit.

Bag of frozen meatballs (you can use turkey if you're being healthy)
1 jar of Heinz chili sauce
1 jar of grape jelly
(the jelly and the chili sauce i used were both 12 oz)

Combine the chili sauce and jelly in a sauce pan. Simmer till jelly is melted, stirring occasionally. Then throw everything into a crock pot.

sooo good!

Cheese ball with crackers

Cheesy spinach and artichoke dip

Make a dip with a can of Hormel Chili, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese with tortilla chips

Taco dip - refried beans, cream cheese mixed with taco seasoning, salsa, lettuce, cheese, tomato, onion...

Hanky Panky (I think that's what it's called) dip - brown sausage and ground beef and combine with velveeta cheese. Serve with party bread, crackers, or tortilla/corn chips

I ALWAYS have the ingredients on hand so in a pinch I am always prepared:

1 brick cream cheese (I used light)
Bottle of either chili sauce or cocktail sauce
Can of shrimp, clams or crab (Walgreens has these frequently for $1.50/can so I stock up when they are on sale)
Crackers

I just dump the sauce & the meat over the cream cheese.
Around $3.50 plus crackers.

I'm going to try this one next week.

Easy 5-cheese mexican dip:

1/2 lb (8oz) Velveeta - cut into small cubes
4 pz (1/2 block of cream cheese - cut into small cubes
1 can (15oz) black beans - rinsed and drained
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tomato, chopped

Combine all ingredients in microwaveable bowl. Heat on high for 4 minutes or until melted well. Stir.

Stir in tomatos.

Serve with tortilla chips.

Here's one that's always a hit:

Pizza Dip
One pkg of cream cheese
1tsp of Itallian Seasoning (the pkg that you use to make the dressing)
I cup of spaghetti sauce
1 pkg Mozzerella Cheese

Mix the cream cheese with the itallian seasoning place in bottom of pie plate cover with mozz cheese, pour spaghetti sauce over and cover with remainder of mozz cheese. Bake on 350 for 20 mins or until cheese is melted. Serve with crackers (I recommend wheat thins)

baguettes
canned diced tomatoes (get the basil seasoned ones)
olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Italian seasoning if using plain tomatoes
1-2 cloves fresh garlic

slice bread
rub with garlic
toast in oven till crunchy
mix tomatoes with vinegar, oil and seasonings to taste
put on warm toasted bread
serve and say yum

sounds so odd but i just made it on sunday and it was amazing. Huge hit.

Bag of frozen meatballs (you can use turkey if you're being healthy)
1 jar of Heinz chili sauce
1 jar of grape jelly
(the jelly and the chili sauce i used were both 12 oz)

Combine the chili sauce and jelly in a sauce pan. Simmer till jelly is melted, stirring occasionally. Then throw everything into a crock pot.

sooo good!

I've made this many times, it IS delicious!! Always a big hit!

We sometimes make a taco ring at Christmas, we call it a taco doughnut! You drape crescent roll triangles around a round baking sheet with the edges of the crescents hanging off the sheet and each crescent triangle touching the ones next to it. You stuff the crescents with taco meat then wrap it all up so you have a ring, then bake. (make sense?) You can layer toppings in the center of the ring, like lettuce, onions, olives and salsa. I like to make a small bow out of red bell pepper slivers and place it at the bottom of the ring to look like a wreath. Oh, and a hollowed out bell pepper filled with sour cream can be placed in the middle.

Here's a link with the recipe:
http://www.thatsmyhome.com/mainstreetdeli/tacres.htm

Do you have a picture of this?

These are great!
Recipe for the cheesy spinach and artichoke dip??

I need only one, but might make 2 or 3 at this rate!! They all sound so good and fun!

Brown 1 lb hamburger & 1lb sausage. Add 8 oz block velveta cheese, cubed..Cook till melted.

Scoop onto rye party bead squares (1 pk does this amount of mix)

Bake in oven till all melted & gooey, about 10-15 minutes at 400.

YUMMY.

pigs in the blanket made with cressent rolls (kids love these)
wings
meatball (many places have the bags B1G1 right now) in bar-b-q sauce.
mini sandwiches or any kind

Make any sweet in bite sizes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter