Great autograph idea or epic autograph fail...

ZoeisMommy

ºoº Earning My Ears
So I've been conjuring up this amazing (or so I think) autograph idea. We have one of these 4ft by 4ft collage frames that has the places for 50 photos....

i was thinking about getting 25 sheets of scrap booking paper to coordinate with 25 of my daughters favorite characters (rapunzel, belle, stitch,etc.) cut it to 4x7'' and in the 7th inch punch a hole and thread the sheets of the scrap booking paper onto one of those binder rings (to keep the sheets nice and neat. I even thought about putting an index card between each sheet to keep from bleeding and for stabilization.

Once I'm home I can trim it to 4x6" to fit in the frame and in the other 25 slots put the pictures of her with the characters. We are doing photopass+ so there are sure to be some beautiful pictures.

OR I've found where another Dis'er had everyone sign the solid vinylmation 9" Mickey. It was amazing I'm just concerned toting him around for 7 days with a two year old.... Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Something to be said about the books just sitting around.

My DD's first trip was 1.5 years ago. 4.5 and 6.5 at the time. We have looked at the book once since then? That was within a month of coming back. It's since been forgotten I think.

We look at some of the scrap books and photobooks from time to time... probably time again but the autographs are, looking back, more for that moment. Not later.

This trip my wife is making more books for them. Personally, I want something "different".

That figurine is an idea, but it's too bulky IMO to bring around.

I've considered a tshirt... I'm not sure.

Something different. Good luck and let us know what your decide.

Those both sound like really neat ideas! To me the hardest part would be safely transporting either. And I agree that it would be really sad to get there and then have the characters be unable to sign a Vinylmation. If you go with the scrapbooking paper route, I'd suggest transporting it in a manila envelope. That would help protect it from being crushed. Probably also a good idea to bring a ziploc bag in case it rains. Will you have a stroller? That would definitely make it easier to safely carry around.

anyone done a hat/cap before, is that allowed? Would it work? Just thought it was something that might get used a bit more than say an autograph book.

Other than that I liked the idea someone had on one of the other posts about using a disney encyclopidia character book and getting the characters to sign their own page with info on it, my daughter would read about the characters more than just looking at their autograph. :)

phi2012 said:
anyone done a hat/cap before, is that allowed? Would it work? Just thought it was something that might get used a bit more than say an autograph book.

Other than that I liked the idea someone had on one of the other posts about using a disney encyclopidia character book and getting the characters to sign their own page with info on it, my daughter would read about the characters more than just looking at their autograph. :)

I've done the hat thing years ago but silly me used a pen and after a ride on splash mountain lost 90% of the signatures.

I've also seen the encyclopedia idea, I think if I can find an updated version and get in time I may go that route :) last I seen was published in 2009 :-/

I'm on the fence about the Vinylmation. The 4*6 picture idea id love to have for her wall but it just sounds like tedious work to get ready.... we have an autograph book but it rarely gets looked at :-/

I have an artists canvas that I had the characters sign. Carry it in a big zip loc bag to keep it dry!

Instead of the scrapbook paper, you could go to the Creative DISigns forum here & look at some of their autograph card designs. I chose some beautiful ones with the character image & name & had them printed at my local photo store. I put them into a cheap plastic photo flip book & had each character sign their card. (I also printed a few generic ones) When we got home, I bought a nicer photo album and put a picture of my daughter with the character across from the appropriate signed card.

I really like your idea of the hanging collage though because then your photos are on display:)

We just got back a couple of weeks ago and I had pillowcases for my kids. They really turned out wonderfully! I used a clipboard to hold it flat and give the characters a place to sign, then I bought fabric markers. When I got home, I heat set the marker according to the package instructions and washed the cases. My kids have slept on them every night since and they look adorable on their beds!

Our best autograph gathering was on drawstring bags that had character pictures on them (ordered on amazon). We used sharpies to sign and had cardboard inside for the characters to lean on. The kids carried them around - light and easy.

The autograph books just sit on the shelf, but the bag keeps coming back with us to WDW

There really are so many great ideas. I really wish disney would come out with a new encyclopedia as the last one misses out a number of my daughters fav characters. I think I might still go with this idea as it will keep and hopefully the kids will look at it more than autograph books. But I might also buy one of the larger Vinylmation figures and hope that the characters will sign them then I've also got something we can put up on the shelf at home, I think they look really nice, plus we'll have a buggy to transport it in so it should be kept safe :).

I'll keep an eye on this tread to see if any more unusual ideas come out. Good luck everyone with your autograph collecting :thumbsup2

I'm doing the vinyl thing and so far it looks great! I hold it steady for the fur characters and have had no problems at all so far! I haven't carried it everyday but when I do I slip it in a small bag and loop it over the handle of my park bag so it's one less thing to carry. It's not heavy at all!

Edit: just read the link, ehhh they are DESIGN your own? There is a 3" vinyl on sale in the shops with the signatures on it. To be told it is not allowed when it is a design your own vinylmation doesn't sound right.

phi2012 said:
There really are so many great ideas. I really wish disney would come out with a new encyclopedia as the last one misses out a number of my daughters fav characters. I think I might still go with this idea as it will keep and hopefully the kids will look at it more than autograph books. But I might also buy one of the larger Vinylmation figures and hope that the characters will sign them then I've also got something we can put up on the shelf at home, I think they look really nice, plus we'll have a buggy to transport it in so it should be kept safe :).

I'll keep an eye on this tread to see if any more unusual ideas come out. Good luck everyone with your autograph collecting :thumbsup2

I ended up going with the encyclopedia because my daughter LOVES books. Although, I have created 15+ extra pages of the missing characters....I plan on having them added when I rebind the book

OsoPage-001-1.png

just one of the pages ive added for my book...which came in TODAY!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter