Great article on CM's & their costumes

Very interesting article. The Cast Members are truly amazing!!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes They do so much to create Disney Magic for so many of us. :grouphug:

Really cool find! Thank you! It really gives a glimpse into how strenuous being a character can actually be. Makes me appreciate them a lot more now. Keep up the great work CMs!

Thanks for the post. I hope everyone takes a moment to read this. I know when we go the WDW in August and the characters are out for 20 minutes at a time and then a break, you get those in line who are so upset. I don't think they understand that the CM's are extremely hot and need to cool down. I know I am grately for those CM's that are characters. They do such a good job!

Great Article.

Just think how much joy they spread to everyone that enters those parks.

I am not sure how they do it in the dead of summer. I am walking around in shorts and a tank top and the heat is killing me.

GREAT JOB CM'S. :thumbsup2

This article should be required reading for guests!

This completely explains the recent Tigger incident. It also explains why when a character is leaving, it won't stop even if a "cute little girl" is calling after him to stop. (I saw a mom who was very angry because the Queen of Hearts was on her way out and would not stop to give her little girl one more autograph. "How long could it have taken!" she was yelling to the CM. Well, maybe the Queen was having a little heat stroke!!!!

Sounds like they need to be paid more than between $7 and $13/hr! Especially the ones that have to wear heavy costumes that cover their head.

I love the characters and have much respect and appreciation for them. I think it is tragedy that the pay is so low, for such demanding work. Thank you CM's for making the magic!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for posting the article.

Thanks for sharing. I am going to check it out now!

I agree with some of your replies...first, this should be required reading for all guests!! Sometimes I think that the parents forget that there really are people inside those costumes!

Second, yes, I wish the CM's would get paid more. They do so much and make so many trips magical. Thanks CMs!!! :goodvibes :grouphug: :flower3:

Glad everyone is enjoying the article. I know I learned some new things from it. :)

It's very informative...especially the part where some CM's need to be lifted by a forklift onto a float for the parade!!! WOW!
Most of the characters do, actually. Think about it; how else is Belle -- or Ariel -- or the Fairy Godmother going to get all the way up there? Stairs become a safety issue when you're wearing a Big Honkin' Dress...

Great article - one of my roommates in high school was a "friend of Mickey" during the summers and Spring Break. She loved working for Disney, and I'm sure she was a great CM! :) We spent a day at Magic Kingdom, and she told us all sorts of Disney secrets!

Thanks for the post. I hope everyone takes a moment to read this. I know when we go the WDW in August and the characters are out for 20 minutes at a time and then a break, you get those in line who are so upset. I don't think they understand that the CM's are extremely hot and need to cool down. I know I am grately for those CM's that are characters. They do such a good job!

it takes practice and more practice. as well as breathing techniques that they didn't mention that they teach as well. It can become especialy troubling on hot days for those who wear glasses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter