• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Great American Scrapbook Convention - Arlington, TX

MinnieAnn

Mouseketeer
Yippee! Registration for the GASC in Arlington starts today at 5 p.m. MST. I have so enjoyed the crops with the other DIS members in the past and hope we can get together again this year.

Please post if you're planning on being there this year and the classes and crops that you're interested in!

Ann

Here's the e-mail I received today. More details at www.greatamericanscrapbook.com

Dear Scrapbooking Friends,

“ Creating From the Heart!” This is the 2005 theme for the Great American Scrapbook conventions. It seems more important than ever that we all make an effort to preserve our personal and family histories.

This year you will be inspired to scrapbook as never before as you come together with family and friends in Arlington, Texas, Chantilly, Virginia, Grand Rapids, Michigan, and San Antonio, Texas . Fantastic new consumer classes, the fanatic’s workshops, and other new and exciting events will be posted on the website

You’ll have exciting opportunities to meet celebrities, participate in Make
and Takes, update your skills in the Learning Pavilion, and participate in
our best-ever page contest.

You may also sign up to be a volunteer at the convention. There are lots of
benefits and even more satisfaction in store for our volunteers. The website
volunteer page will provide the details. We would love to have you as one of
our loyal volunteers!

You won’t want to miss out on any of the door prizes or the fun, so check out the Great American Scrapbook website ww.greatamericanscrapbook.com for details. Registration is currently underway for San Antonio TX. Arlington, Texas registration opens today at 5:00pm MST (more classes will be added over the next couple weeks). Chantilly, Virginia registration will open April 20th. Grand Rapids will be available May 1st.

The Great American Scrapbook Company, 236 Historic 25th Street, Second Floor,
OgdenUtah84401,Phone: 801-627-3700, Fax: 801-627-3714

:wave2:

Hi Ann! Of course here it is a year later and we still never make good on our promise to meet more often!

Oh well, I do plan on being there at least part of the time. I probably won't register early since I'll have to juggle several things but will at least try to do a couple of crops.

I'm hoping Robin can at least stop by so we can meet Ian. I missed the DIS meet he attended not long ago. :(

Is this a mistake??? Do they really mean 6pm on Thursday & Friday?

Wcrop Wednesday, June 8 - 10:00AM - 10:00PM Ballroom A 368
Thcrop Thursday, June 9 - 6:00AM - 12:00AM Ballroom A 362
Fcrop Friday, June 10 - 6:00AM - 12:00AM Ballroom A 552
Scrop Saturday, June 11 - 5:00PM - 11:00PM Ballroom A 471

Hi Janette!

It does seem that this year has gone by quickly. I hadn't noticed those times on the crops, but that's what I think it does say.

I've heard from Denise and she, her sister and Leta are excited about being back this year too! I hadn't read the board enough to know about Robin's baby arriving (although now that I think about it, he certainly should have by now:) I do hope she brings him for a visit.

I've looked over the classes that were posted tonight and didn't see any that I just HAD to sign up for right now. The Provo Craft colllage class looks interesting. I think I'll wait a few days and see what others they will add.

Looking forward to seeing you again before long!

Ann

Just moving this back to the top. Anyone in the DFW area going to join us this year. We've always had a great time at the crops.

I would have loved to attend this year, but we will be in New Orleans that week on vacation. Is it always the same week? If so, I will plan around it next year.

Hi!

I just wanted to chime in and add that the Wednesday crop is all day from 10 to 10, but Thursday, Friday and Saturday are strictly pm crops as the show actually begins on Thursday.

This is the actual schedule and remaining seats available as of a few minutes ago. Have fun!!

Wcrop Wednesday, June 8 - 10:00AM - 10:00PM Ballroom A
275 seats available
Thcrop Thursday, June 9 - 6:00PM - 12:00AM Ballroom A
249 seats available
Fcrop Friday, June 10 - 6:00PM - 12:00AM Ballroom A
395 seats available
Scrop Saturday, June 11 - 5:00PM - 11:00PM Ballroom A
398 seats available

Diane

Moving this back to the top, still not sure of my schedule but may try to do the Thursday & Friday night crops.

I don't think Jacque and I are coming down this year. She's just getting back from Florida around that time and my DH is out of work. :sad2: I just hate to spend the extra money and I CAN'T come down without spending money. ;) Instead I think we're going to a scrapbook show in Tulsa in July (I think that's when it's scheduled).

I was just thinking about this earlier today. I'm planning to take Ian one day - probably Friday - to walk the show floor. No classes for me this year though - I got in plenty last year between the GASC and three CKU's so I don't feel I'll be missing anything. As for the crops, I DH's going to let me drop Ian off at his office on Thursday afternoon on my way to Arlington so I won't have to find a babysitter.

Is anyone else planning on the Thursday crop?

The Thursday crop would work for me. I looked at the website and there are only 73 spaces left for that crop. It looks like you can cancel them if needed. Anyone done this with no problems? I hate to sign up right now but would if I can cancel and get a refund if I can't make it.

I know that Denise and I will be at the Thursday crop. It would be great to see Janette and Robin there!

I'm sorry we won't get to see Melissa and Jacque this year, though. I have a friend that wants to go to the convention in Tulsa, so I might see you there later in the summer.

I have cancelled classes before and I did get the credit back to my credit card, but it was after convention, as I recall. There probably is a deadline for cancellations, but I don't know offhand what it is.

Hope you are all having a nice spring. It's been pretty great here so far.

Ann

We'll have to talk closer to the time of the Tulsa convention. Hope we can get together. I'll be thinking of all of you in Texas. I'm DIS green with envy. ;)

It's getting closer, so I thought I'd check in and see what everyone had decided.

I'm hoping Janette and Robin will be coming to the Thursday crop. I should be able to get in line and save places.

Denise just got back from Disney World (lucky girl) so I haven't talked to her to see if anything has changed, but I feel certain that she'll still be planning to do the crops. We signed up for all of them - I need time to work on my stuff more than I need anything else. I just can't set aside time like that at home.

I'd love to see any other DIS'ers that would like to join us in Texas!

Ann

Yup, I'm going to the Thursday crop. Got it all arranged with DH. I was planning to drop Ian off at his office then head over to the convention center, but it looks like DH will be coming home from work early instead. (His father doesn't want the whole office to stop working to play with a baby. Go figure. :rolleyes: ) I've started getting stuff together to work on at the crop. I'd like to make an album for DH for Father's Day since this is his first. I just need to decide on which photos to print/bring with me.

Can't wait to see everyone again.

I've signed up for the Thursday crop & will shop on Friday. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Wish I was going to be there. David is going to be 18 next month and is finishing up his Eagle rank in Scouts. I want to get his Scouting album finished this summer and could really use a crop to get a bunch done.

I'll be thinking of all of you. Have fun! I think Janette has my cell number. Hmmm. Maybe not. I'll send it to her in case you guys want to call me, or if you want me to call you send me your number and I'll try to call during the crop.

I forgot a brother & family were going to be in town Thursday. There goes the crop :( but it will be good to see them. I'm still planning on coming over on Friday. Do we want to plan a time to meet somewhere?

I was doing a search about the Great Am. Scrap. Convention in Arlington and I saw your posting. You mentioned that registration is opened. How do you register. I didn't see any information on the website. I am in Edmond and besides the Tulsa convention in August, this is the closest one and I would like to go. Can you send me information about registration if you have it. All I see is vendor registration.

Thank you,
Catherine Glancy :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter