• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Great 2nd stay at Vero Beach

bbn1122

DIS Veteran
After 4 nights at SSR and fun at DS and the parks my family headed out to VB. This is our 2nd stay at the resorts.

The first time we stayed at the end of August and had no problem booking a two bedroom. This time being the beginning of August in order to book 4 night together we had to opt for 2 rooms in the Inn. We loved staying in the Inn.

We had 2 rooms on the 2nd floor 2212 and 2211. The renovations are beautiful. And rooms are very spacious. Room 2211 was huge with a gigantic extra hall space where the kitchenette was located. The space was a little odd because the did not do much with it. Just a small table with 2 chairs in an area that was like 10x15.

We enjoyed being so close to dining, Green Cabin Room and store. In fact, we ate ate the Resort 3out of 4 nights. Two nights at the temporary Shutters in the banquet room. The food was great, and desserts out of this world. I had the Bread Pudding!!! Yummy! Myself and 2 sons had dinner at the Green Cabin room. Pretzels, hummus appetizer, sliders and shrimp skrewers. When we were there in 2014, they seem to have more sandwiches, more options. But still very good.

The beach was nice. We rent an umbrella and two chairs for 3 days. I love having the comfort and shade. And not having to carry anything back and forth.

Our one dinner out was a return trip to Squid Lips. The setting is perfect. The evening was beautiful to be dining on the water in an open restaurant. Service was great. Food was very good. Nice variety.

We all agreed 3-4 nights at VB is plenty. There area is just to quiet. We like that it is upscale.

DH and I are talking about going to VB in a few years and going to a Mets spring training game in Port St.Lucie.

We also love VB for a pre cruise stay.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your VB stay. We were there for 4 nights in July and our next stay is before a cruise in January!

We enjoy Captain Hiram's seafood a lot, but also ate on site and enjoyed the meals there too!

After 4 nights at SSR and fun at DS and the parks my family headed out to VB. This is our 2nd stay at the resorts.

The first time we stayed at the end of August and had no problem booking a two bedroom. This time being the beginning of August in order to book 4 night together we had to opt for 2 rooms in the Inn. We loved staying in the Inn.

We had 2 rooms on the 2nd floor 2212 and 2211. The renovations are beautiful. And rooms are very spacious. Room 2211 was huge with a gigantic extra hall space where the kitchenette was located. The space was a little odd because the did not do much with it. Just a small table with 2 chairs in an area that was like 10x15.

We enjoyed being so close to dining, Green Cabin Room and store. In fact, we ate ate the Resort 3out of 4 nights. Two nights at the temporary Shutters in the banquet room. The food was great, and desserts out of this world. I had the Bread Pudding!!! Yummy! Myself and 2 sons had dinner at the Green Cabin room. Pretzels, hummus appetizer, sliders and shrimp skrewers. When we were there in 2014, they seem to have more sandwiches, more options. But still very good.

The beach was nice. We rent an umbrella and two chairs for 3 days. I love having the comfort and shade. And not having to carry anything back and forth.

Our one dinner out was a return trip to Squid Lips. The setting is perfect. The evening was beautiful to be dining on the water in an open restaurant. Service was great. Food was very good. Nice variety.

We all agreed 3-4 nights at VB is plenty. There area is just to quiet. We like that it is upscale.

DH and I are talking about going to VB in a few years and going to a Mets spring training game in Port St.Lucie.

We also love VB for a pre cruise stay.
Sounds like you had a fabulous vaca!:thumbsup2 We also rented umbrella and three chairs(added an extra chair to the standard rental), and loved relaxing on the beautiful beach. Think we might be headed back May of '17, same time as this year, not too hot! Agree, we usually stay 4 nights, plenty for us as well to wind down and relax. Beautiful area, downside is there is more driving to restaurants than HHI, but both are fabulous beach resorts! Looking forward to hopefully renovated villas by that time and the new dining options. :cheer2:::yes::

That is a great post thank you! We stayed for 2 nights in the Inn and loved it! Rooms like you say so big! Staff so friendly. We decided now cruises have become so expensive to stay here for a few nights and cruise every other year to spread the cost! It's such a delightful place. Glad you think so too. Check out those big cottages they do aren't they lovely if you have a large party going!

How much are the chairs to hire?
Chairs for hire? I think $12 for umbrella and like $10 per chair. Not sure we got a DVC discount. I think the 3 items, 1 umbrella and 2 loungers with cushions (very comfy) was $24 per day with discount.

How do you rent items and do you do it in advance? We are going for 2 days after our cruise next month and have never been to Vero Beach.

How do you rent items and do you do it in advance? We are going for 2 days after our cruise next month and have never been to Vero Beach.

The have a rental shack out by the beach where you rent from.

so the construction wasn't bothersome? was the poolside grill opened? we love Vero!! We are headed there in September but got an email that made it sound like everything was closed and to expect lots of noise in your villa?

so the construction wasn't bothersome? was the poolside grill opened? we love Vero!! We are headed there in September but got an email that made it sound like everything was closed and to expect lots of noise in your villa?

We got the same letter. It was rather doom and gloom in my opinion!

Thanks for the info.

We stay there every year in late August for,our anniversary. We did skip last year, but this will be our 11th time doing the same visit.

We usually stay in the Inn with an Ocean View, for 3 nights.

I am a bit worried about the rehab work. Can you provide any details about how it affected your stay?

We usually do one night at Sonyas (which I see is closed), one night at Capt Hirams, and one night at Ocean Grill in Vero Beach.

For the person who asked about the cabana or umbrella rental, there is a small discount, but only a couple of dollars. We usually go to the rental shack the day we arrive, talk to the kids there, and set up the rental for the two full days we will be there, ocassional also for the 3rd day. We always get the cabana and two chairs, which usually come to around $30 a day, plus we tip the kids a tenner or so. They have it setup each morning, and will usually ask whe you want it located.

I'm not the OP, but we spent a week there in July and there was no issue with construction. We don't eat at the restaurants much, but I felt they had good options while the restaurants are closed. They used the Green Cabin room and the conference rooms for restaurant space. One day we were there, there was a wedding using the conference space, so dinner service was a buffet with tables set up in the gallery area and porch. It looked nice, but we didn't eat there either. Bleachers was still open.

So I am assuming you are not owners at Vero? And you had no trouble booking in late August? How far out did you book? Thanks!

So I am assuming you are not owners at Vero? And you had no trouble booking in late August? How far out did you book? Thanks!
As DVC, We booked a 2BR lock off mid August years ago exactly 7 months on line before the date. We were at Vero, a few days before Memorial Day Weekend into the weekend this year and booked a 1BR EXACTLY 7 months before the date on line. In demand resort, book EARLY especially high demand, summer months. ENJOY::yes::, hoping to return for a few days May of '17! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter