Grazing through world showcae?

skippelm

Mouseketeer
Would I be crazy to try and have dinner in world showcase by picking up this and that at various counters in each country during spring break? There will be 7 of us and we have had fun by doing this before but I'm concerned that it will turn into a nightmare b/c of the crowds during spring break-

What do ya think?:p

Sounds like a great idea to me. It's something I've always wanted to do - but each time I'm at Epcot it seems we have PS planned. Maybe one year we'll get to the food and wine festival and I can 'graze' my way through WS!!! Have a great time! And get some crepes in France and a beavertail in Canada. YUM!

We did this on Thanskgiving day for lunch. No problem. the only really long line was at Germany for a hot dog for my son. Kringla is great. We also got eggrolls at china. I know you can get sushi in Japan.

We love grazing our way around the World Showcase!

We start at Mexico - we get a "child's" plate for $3.50. It consists of a burrito, rice, nachos, a churro and a drink!

From there we hit (not necessarily in this order):

China for a child's plate (egg roll, fried rice, and drink for around $3.50)

Germany for a brat & saurkraut

Japan for Sushi and Kaki-Gori (flavored icee thing)

Norway for lefse

Canada for a Beavertail

England for Fish & Chips

and finish up with France for a Cream Puff!!

Whew! After all that, we roll ourselves back to the Dolphin! LOL!

we did this for 3 of our 4 epcot meals and loved it...we split what ever we got so we could try more places!

many counter places seemed lots less busy at dinner time, figure many might go to sit down for that meal(?) if crowds are a concern.

just make sure you have at least some cash as the crepe place ( and maybe some others of the tiny little places) did not take debit or room charge card ( boo hoo, really wanted a crepe so stop #1 in Nov!)

A Beaver Tail is kind of the Canadian version of fried dough or elephant ears. We get at least one every trip. There is a small stand called Trapper Bob's that sells them. Dont forget to ask the CM to sing the Beaver Tail song.::yes::

Originally posted by jann1033
we did this for 3 of our 4 epcot meals and loved it...we split what ever we got so we could try more places!

many counter places seemed lots less busy at dinner time, figure many might go to sit down for that meal(?) if crowds are a concern.

just make sure you have at least some cash as the crepe place ( and maybe some others of the tiny little places) did not take debit or room charge card ( boo hoo, really wanted a crepe so stop #1 in Nov!)

There was a thread yesterday about the small carts taking credit cards now.:bounce: I think it started a few days ago.

I'm planning to do the Eat Around The World with my son in a few weeks.

Every trip we plan 1 afternoon or 1 evening of grazing. It is a great way to sample things we might otherwise never try. And, it has also made us slow down and enjoy the outside performances we are usually rushing past.

QBUSH
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

We love a dinner consisting of a Turkey leg(yum!) some popcorn,a few beers,a bag of spiced nuts(wicked good!!) maybe mexican munchies. We never leave hungry and we haven't spent a bundle!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter