Graycliff Chocolatier – The Art of Chocolate Making and Factory Tour

I've booked this for our Oct 26 cruise. We were actually contemplating staying on the ship but after reading this thread DH and I decided we'll do this excursion with our 9 and 12 year olds. They're very excited about it. Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences!

I just booked this for the Oct 24 Dream cruise. All of your reviews convinced me. :goodvibes

A couple of things people might find helpful -

the concierge booked it for me and said there was a tour at 10:45, and another at 1:15 or 1:45 (I can't remember now - oops). No one's reported an afternoon tour before, so I wonder if it's a new addition. I booked the morning one anyway, so that I'd have the afternoon to relax on the ship.

Although the description on the Disney site says the tour is 1.5-2 hours, the official times are from 10:45 to 1:45, which is 3 hours. I'll find out how long it really is in Oct, i guess. :)

And a question for those who have done this before -

Do you think this would be a fun tour for someone doing it on their own? DH and I are usually attached at the hip on vacations, but he is going diving in Nassau, so I'll be by myself. Something similar happened when we went to Alaska (he booked a helicoper tour, but I'm afraid of flying so instead I went on a tour of a ranch where they raise dogs for the Iditarod), and honestly, it was kind of uncomfortable - for example, one of the activities was a sleigh ride with the dogs pulling the sled, and they had everyone go on in pairs, only I had no one to pair with. I was kind of feeling like a pariah. :lmao: I'm pretty independent normally, and have no problem making friends out of strangers (met a good friend on the bus, and met another good friend in line at the bank :) ), but for some reason that Alaska kennel trip stuck with me as not very fun.

In any event, excited to see Graycliff and make myself some chocolate!!! :woohoo:

You will not feel uncomfortable at all on your own on this one...in fact, you may have MORE fun on your own!! There is no interaction with others per se and the activities are all individual. GO, you will like it!! And your husband will be jealous of your goodies!!

As far as time, it was nearly the 3 hours with travel, etc...

You will not feel uncomfortable at all on your own on this one...in fact, you may have MORE fun on your own!! There is no interaction with others per se and the activities are all individual. GO, you will like it!! And your husband will be jealous of your goodies!!

As far as time, it was nearly the 3 hours with travel, etc...

Thanks for the info!

I figure DH not being there will give me an excuse to buy some chocolate to bring back to the ship. I mean, he needs to taste it, right?!?!? :lmao:

My hubby and I are going on this excursion in a little less than 2 weeks. I'll let y'all know how it went for us.

I have a question please for those that have already done this. I read no purses or bags are allowed inside and they said there was a "storage area" for them. Is the storage area like a safe and locked and secure? I wouldn't feel comfortable just leaving my stuff in a non-secure area so just gauging how safe and secure it would be.

Also - are you allowed to take pictures inside or no, because you aren't allowed to bring anything with you inside?

Thanks,
Heather

I just booked this excursion also for our OCt. 6 cruise. When I read the description they had me at BON BON!:goodvibes

I have a question please for those that have already done this. I read no purses or bags are allowed inside and they said there was a "storage area" for them. Is the storage area like a safe and locked and secure? I wouldn't feel comfortable just leaving my stuff in a non-secure area so just gauging how safe and secure it would be.

Also - are you allowed to take pictures inside or no, because you aren't allowed to bring anything with you inside?

Thanks,
Heather

Anyone know how secure the area is

Do you need to eat all your chocolates prior to boarding the ship again? I know their policy is to not let any 'homemade' goods on at any point during the cruise. I'm guessing you're not allowed to bring on chocolates you made on the tour, but maybe pre-packaged chocolates you buy on the tour?

The person from this thread who did the tour said "If you are planning on wandering Nassau to do some shopping, send at least one person back to ship to drop chocolate off!"

It's not made at a home; it's made at a factory. And it's through DCL. So I'm going to go out on a limb and say they let you bring it on.

We just booked this excursions for myself and DS 14 for our Oct 17th cruise. Both chocolate lovers, looking forward to the tour! :cool1:

My sons (13 &16) and I did this excursion this past week. We loved it. We had no problem bringing it on the ship. They put everything in a nice box and bag. I wouldn't hesitate to book it again. :)

My sons (13 &16) and I did this excursion this past week. We loved it. We had no problem bringing it on the ship. They put everything in a nice box and bag. I wouldn't hesitate to book it again. :)

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to it.

This excursion rocked, especially if you get Kiki as your guide. We (dh, me, 11 year old dd and 7 year old ds) loved it!!! The kids initially hated the paper gown and caps you have to wear in the factory but once we got started they got over it. And there is no issue with bringing the chocolate back into the U.S. I actually talked to Cruise Director Darrin on the Dream and he checked into that for me. It's a great excursion!!!

This excursion rocked, especially if you get Kiki as your guide. We (dh, me, 11 year old dd and 7 year old ds) loved it!!! The kids initially hated the paper gown and caps you have to wear in the factory but once we got started they got over it. And there is no issue with bringing the chocolate back into the U.S. I actually talked to Cruise Director Darrin on the Dream and he checked into that for me. It's a great excursion!!!

Kiki was awesome! We (me, DH and DD 10) loved her and this excursion. We had a blast and also had no issues bringing the chocolate on the ship, off the ship and on the plane home. Even my DH said he had fun, and it was worth it.

Kiki was awesome! We (me, DH and DD 10) loved her and this excursion. We had a blast and also had no issues bringing the chocolate on the ship, off the ship and on the plane home. Even my DH said he had fun, and it was worth it.

Great to know you had no problems getting the chocolates all the way back home. My DH & I are hoping to do this on our Dec trip. Waiting for Oct. 1st to get here so I can make ressies. :)

Has anyone ever stayed for lunch at Graycliff and made your way back to the cruise ship on your own? If so, is the food at Graycliff worth paying for? Just trying to decide if it's worth it since our lunch has already been paid for on the ship. Thanks!!

After the tour, we opted to take the quick walk back to ship ourselves. My only warning is that chocolate and 90 degree weather don't go well together. If you are planning on wandering Nassau to do some shopping, send at least one person back to ship to drop chocolate off!
[/QUOTE]

How was the walk back to the ship from Graycliff? How long did it take? Was it easy to navigate back (no fear of getting lost)? Something sounds really appealing in walking back to the ship. I feel like we would see more of Nassau since we have never been there before.

Thanks!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter