Gratuity for the kids club?

mommytoxzande

Mouseketeer
Hi guys,

Just a quick question. Is there a gratuity charge if your child goes to the kids clubs while on board? If so is it per child, per day? Also how much is it roughly? I just don't want sticker shock! :)

Thanks

No, there is no gratuity for the kids clubs. Only the $12 per person per day recommended that covers your cabin steward and three main dining room attendants.

Hi guys, Just a quick question. Is there a gratuity charge if your child goes to the kids clubs while on board? If so is it per child, per day? Also how much is it roughly? I just don't want sticker shock! :) Thanks
No gratuity but they may enjoy some magazines (appropriate for late teens) and gum .. Apparently the ship doesn't stock those two items.

Do they really appreciate/ want the magazines? We're going to use the nursery a bit and I'd love to bring the cm's something but I also don't wanna look like a huge dork handing them magazines

The nursery (ages 0-3) has an hourly charge of $9 ($8 for a second child).

The Club/Lab (ages 3-12) and tween/teen clubs have not additional fee.

No gratuity is expected at any of the kids' spaces. CMs there will likely refuse one if offered, and if they do accept anything it will have shared among all the Youth CMs. A few months ago there was a Youth Club CM on the DIS who recommended they enjoy current magazines and Mickey Bars delivered right before closing at night -- I'm sure that's somewhat generalized and not everyone enjoys them.

Enjoy your cruise!

Hi guys,

Just a quick question. Is there a gratuity charge if your child goes to the kids clubs while on board? If so is it per child, per day? Also how much is it roughly? I just don't want sticker shock! :)

Thanks

I believe when you use the nursery then you also have to tip gratuity on top of the $9 an hour.

Hm, maybe they changed it because I thought the nursery told us that gratuity would be included in the bill.

Hm, maybe they changed it because I thought the nursery told us that gratuity would be included in the bill.

Well, I guess that could be right, sort of. It may be easier to just say "it's included in the price" then try to explain that they can't accept cash tips.

We dropped off a bag of Starburst and two bags of Dove chocolates on our last day. They were excited to see the sweets! :)

Perfect, Thanks for all the replies. Like I said I am just trying to make sure I am covering all my bases so I don't get a enormous bill one the last day! :scared1:

they seemed quite pleased with the new 'used' magazines of my dw that we dropped off one night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter