Grass at POP

melzseb

Earning My Ears
Okay, I have to ask, is the grass at Pop Century fake? It sure looks and feels like it.

Nope. They mow it regularly. It's just that funny type grass you find in hot climates.

It's probably (what the poster below said) :) grass. It's gross. I lived in Florida and I hated that grass. It crunches when you walk on it. It actually hurts your feet if you don't have shoes on.

St Augustine grass is soft and has long strand great to go bare foot on, Centipede and Zoya grass is most common in Florida it is what they call a runner grass and it is gross and crunch when you walk on it. At the world I have seen all 3 kinds. If it looks fake it could be St Augustine. If it is really green and plastic looking it probably is. I will be there in Oct. 1st stay here, But I will be checking out the grass.

Sorry got my grasses confused! I will edit my other post - but you knew what I was talking about! Hate that grass! We had Zoya in our yard - just so weird.

I know exactly what you mean. I've gotten used to it since we moved here. But when we used to visit, my kids would call it plastic grass because it just doesn't feel like the grass you see in the rest of the country.
It is called St. Augustine and it's pretty much all you'll see around here except for golf courses and areas where high maintenance is not a big deal.
john

Thanks for the help. I didn't think it could possibly be real considering how fake it looked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter