Graphing calculator

Wait until school starts, then ask her teacher their preference. Four kiddos (oldest is 23) and I find the school supply list and teacher preference is not the same.

With today's computer programs and apps, I would think they would allow a computer version or smartphone app that has the same features.

The difference in the brand calculators is normally just the decimal points. In college, our professor knew each brand decimal points and could tell you what brand you had by your answer.

Wait until school starts, then ask her teacher their preference. Four kiddos (oldest is 23) and I find the school supply list and teacher preference is not the same.

With today's computer programs and apps, I would think they would allow a computer version or smartphone app that has the same features.

The difference in the brand calculators is normally just the decimal points. In college, our professor knew each brand decimal points and could tell you what brand you had by your answer.
The Android marketplace used to have a TI-83 and TI-85 clone called Andy-83 and Andy-85, respectively. They were functionally identical to real calculators. The problem with having in on a smartphone for school is that there's not a teacher out there that would let you use your smartphone on a test. It may be identical to the TI-83 in the app, but beyond the app, it's a cheat machine.

I find it interesting what other people need. DS took algebra 1 in 7th grade with the winningest math coach/teacher in our school district and they needed a 4 function calculator from the dollar store because that was all that would be allowed on end of course exams. For Geometry in 8th grade this past year they were allowed to use a calculator that had some functions but ABSOLUTELY not a graphing calculator. Not even for the math competitions he won. Waiting for school to start for Algebra 2 calculator request from math teacher/math team coach.

I find it interesting what other people need. DS took algebra 1 in 7th grade with the winningest math coach/teacher in our school district and they needed a 4 function calculator from the dollar store because that was all that would be allowed on end of course exams. For Geometry in 8th grade this past year they were allowed to use a calculator that had some functions but ABSOLUTELY not a graphing calculator. Not even for the math competitions he won. Waiting for school to start for Algebra 2 calculator request from math teacher/math team coach.
In Virginia, graphing calculators are allowed on end of year exams (SOLs) beginning with Algebra 1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter