• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grandmother and Granddaughter trip

edisneydreaming

Mouseketeer
My MIL is looking for a tour to go on with my daughter when she turns 16 next summer. I am wondering if either the Galapagos tour or the tour of France would be appropriate. The itineraries look amazing (wish we could all go but MIL wants a special trip). Will there be other teens on these tours? Equally important will MIL be the only grandparent? Will there be other senior citizens? I am trying to decide what would be the best choice for both of them. Thanks for your help.

I've been on 4 ABDs and there was at least one grandparent on each trip - usually more than one. There have also been senior citizens without kids or grandkids. I think they had them, but they left them at home. :) I've never been on a trip without teenagers either.

I haven't been to France yet, but I've been to the Galapagos (not with ABD). It's an amazing place to visit. It's also a very active itinerary.

We did the Backstage Magic trip and had two sets of Grandmothers and Granddaughters! It was wonderful for them (and us!). We had kids from age 6 to 16 and every kid enjoyed the trip. I would say any ABD trip would be great!

Thank you everyone for the information. I feel much better about this and will see if it can work out for them to go. I know dd would love it as she is a huge Disney fan and anything associated with Disney will be popular with her! Now to talk MIL into it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter