• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grandeur to Bermuda?

GAGirlInVA

DIS Veteran
I have a cruise on courtesy hold to Bermuda on the Grandeur of the Seas.

Anyone have thoughts or advice?

Sorry, no advice as we will be cruising on the Grandeur to Bermuda in Sept 2014.....this is our first time cruising. Have you cruised before? What kind of info are you looking for?

Have you checked out the Cruise Critic forums? I have found some useful, and some no-so useful info there. :)

Sorry, no advice as we will be cruising on the Grandeur to Bermuda in Sept 2014.....this is our first time cruising. Have you cruised before? What kind of info are you looking for?

Have you checked out the Cruise Critic forums? I have found some useful, and some not-so useful info there. Just gotta weed thru it. :).

I sailed on Grandeur in the Caribbean in April 2009 - before the ship was "revitalized." I have also sailed on sister ship Splendour of the Seas, and I'll be on Legend of the Seas in Europe this summer.

I think RCI's Vision-class ships are very pretty with all the glass. The cabins are smaller than on some other RCI ships, but they are well laid out. If the price is right - I'd go for it!

Grandeur is a pretty little ship.....smaller than Disney's Wonder and Magic. She makes her home in Baltimore. Easy to travel to by rail, air or car. Big secure parking at the port-first exit over Key Bridge. Sorry don't know parking prices.

The Grandeur is one of Royal's more "senior" ladies. She has been through a major refit and is in good shape. However, she does not come with as many whistles and bells as the younger ships.

Perhaps because of this, she has a reputation for having an excellent, well trained crew.

Yes, she was the one who caught on fire last year and steamed to the Bahamas with guests onboard (after the fire was out!). Here in the Baltimore area the returning guests were interviewed by the press. The grumblers and praisers alike agreed the crew acted professionally and gave 150% to ensure guests were comfortable.

My next door neighbor and new beau are first time cruisers and will be sailing on her by my recommendation next month. I did not feel uncomfortable recommending her.

Lots of blond wood, glass, brass and sea colors in decor.

I was on her a while ago. Her Great Gasby dining room is charming...2 levels and I was particularly fond of her Solarium pool area....pretty decor. Quiet, glass dome cover in cold weather, adult only.

Very cool acrobatic show in the Centrum since the refit. Kind of reminds you of a Cirque show.

As far as Bermuda is concerned. Clean, friendly. It's the place God created so He could go on vacation!!

LOTS of You Tube videos if you want to take a peek.

Hello! I travelled on the Grandeur from Baltimore to Bermuda on the 7 night cruise last July. I thought it was a very good cruise. As mentioned previously, the ship has been completely refurbished and expanded. Dining was good. Adult areas were good. Bermuda was lovely. I would take this cruise again. I thought the crew was very good also. This tended to be a bit quieter cruise, although there were still quite a few children. It's all what you make it. Did you have any specific questions or concerns?

GAGirlInVA said:
Anyone have thoughts or advice?

Yes. Have a great time. We have Grandeur booked for August 15th and are likely going to have to cancel. Not happy about it since we really want to go back to Bermuda.

Sorry, no advice as we will be cruising on the Grandeur to Bermuda in Sept 2014.....this is our first time cruising. Have you cruised before? What kind of info are you looking for? Have you checked out the Cruise Critic forums? I have found some useful, and some no-so useful info there. :)

We are sailing the Grandeur in October and cannot wait. Ours stops in Key West and Port Canaveral so we are going to spend a day in EPCOT for food and wine, cannot wait and I will take disney anyway I can get it, even if it is just for 9 hours.
I hope you guys come back and let us know how your Grandeur cruise went. It's my first time on RCCL, I have done DCL and once on Carnival.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

It's a small but recently renovated ship. Bring sea sickness tablets. I didn't have a problem but my wife did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter