Grand Vista Suites at the Former DI, demolished?

sgtdisney

DIS Veteran
In a different forum, someone mentioned that they saw the former Grand Vista Suites at the Disney Institute being demolished.. I was just wondering if any of you here could confirm or deny that.

Thanks for the link. I was aware about the DI becoming the Saratoga Springs Resort. I was just curious if they actually demolished the Grand Vista Suites which were a cul-de-sac of 4 single family homes close to the Fairway Villas.. Anyone been by there lately?

We were there earlier this month, and if these buildings are the ones you see from the road that runs behind the Institute on the way to OKW, like back by the climbing wall, etc., there were still there week before last, in fact they look occupied.

I think the units you can see from the road leading to OKW are actually the old Fairway Villa's.. I heard Disney is housing cast members there or something like that. The Grand Vista Suites were just past the Fairway Villa's if I remember correctly and were 4 single family homes set on a cul-de-sac... Thanks for the update though!

I am not sure but these were some of the nicer looking buildings. I think the ones you were asking about were at one time referred to as the Executive somethings. What we saw, could have been them, they looked like huge condos that were very well maintained. And I remember the description saying they were very large and perfect for corporate functions/events, etc. These could have filled the bill. This did not look like anyplace they would be housing any Cast Members that I know.

The Walt Disney World College Program Advanced Interns are currently being housed at suites at the Disney Institute. However I am not familiar enough with the property to say if these are the buildings you are talking about.

I was told that the interns are in the Fairway Villas. As a matter of fact, I think I read it somewhere here on DIS..

What a deal for those kids. They are nicer than regular apartments and the location is fantastic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter