Grand Villa comparisons wanted...

mickeymom629

DIS Veteran
I know there are many OKW grand villas and not very many at BWV.

I was wondering how many grand villas are at AKV. Also, a break down between Jambo and Kidani and how they compare in your opinions.

Also, I would love to hear the pros and cons about any/all of the grand villas in each resort. Sorry if this is another thread somewhere else, but I can't use the 'search' feature right now.

I know that OKW are much less points and have one less bathroom, and that BWV is in (what I consider) a great location for the parks.

Thanks! :goodvibes

We have stayed at OKW-love the space and points. There seemed to be plenty of bathrooms for us.
SSR was my least favorite because the living room doesn't have enough seating for a large group.
Jambo's GV was awesome- dining table that actually seats 12, pool table, master bath with a tv, huge balcony, beautiful entry. We loved Jambo's GV. We did have a very long walk to the room though.
My favorite is Vero Beach- the beach cottage is like having a home on the ocean, but it's not WDW.

Actually OKW has one more bathroom than BWV GV (4 vs. 3). The OKW GV has full size beds in one of the bedrooms rather than queen size like BWV. Our family has stayed in both. 5 of the 7 BWV GVs are one floor rather than 2 story, which may or may not be to your liking. My family prefers the BWV location. I wish that were not the case because the OKW GVs are so much cheaper.

22 GV's at AKV. 6 at Jambo and 16 at Kidani.

The only GV we've stayed in was Jambo and they are wonderful! Single floor plans, 4 bathrooms, 3 large balconies and a room with a pool table. :thumbsup2

stayed in a Kidani GV last year. The room was amazing, two stories, more than enough room. We had 10 in there and there was plenty of room. My biggest issue is that the upstairs "living room" has a pullout, as does the downstairs living area, but there is not really any divider. So my daughter slept on the downstairs pullout but had problems sleeping b/c my older niece was upstairs and watched TV and you could hear and see the light as the TV was right above her and there was just a small open railing (a bit hard to explain). Then I slept on the pullout and my niece couldn't sleep upstairs b/c I snore! Point being, they should have a divider or a curtain upstairs. Small issue, just something to consider if you are going to maximize the space.
We loved the room but were just ok with the rest of Kidani. I have heard the Jambo GV's are a better layout, they look nice from pics I have seen. The other issue that would probably ever keep me from staying at Kidani again was the walk. We are about to have our 3rd child, so I end up pushing large strollers and carrying heavy backpacks. We were about 17 miles from the lobby. I had made a medical request for my father in law as he was coming off knee surgery, put in the request 7 months in advance, and when I went to the desk to ask why the request was not met they were rather dismissive and said, "we'll be happy to get you a wheelchair".

If you can be GUARANTEED a villa somewhat close to the lobby then you'd love the room. I personally like Jambo better than Kidani, or would go for BWV b/c I like having options as far as places to eat and things to do. Kidani is very quiet and rather isolated, and unless you want to sit down for a fancy dinner there are no food options.

My brother stayed in an OKW GV last year and still talks about it. He couldn't believe the space.

If you go on youtube you will find several walk-through videos of most of the GV's.

Thanks for all the great info!

I'm hoping OKW, BWV or AKV has a grand villa for us at 7 months out. Looking to stay Jan. 5 or 6 through 12th. OKW for points, BWV for location, AKV for some place new and beautiful to us! :goodvibes

A friend of mine stayed in a GV at Kidani in December and LOVEEEEEEED it!!! I saw pics and it looked absolutely amazing!

We spent 5 days in Jambo House GV last Nov followed by 5 days at GV at OKW. Both were wonderful, but my bride has asked us to reverse the order when we go next January. She liked the AK GV better and wants to end trip there.:confused3

I know people don't like the long walk for varioius reasons at the AK GV's but for us it gave a sense of peace way.......... out there.:lmao:

One day I want to stay at Grand Californian Gv, they sound like a combination between Kadani and Jambo house, 2 story with a pool table!:thumbsup2

The GV's at Bay Lake don't really call us, but then Bay Lake in gereral doesn't call us. Stayed in a 2 bdrm there, liked the view, pool, didn't like the "no" lobby, and rooms felt kind of cold to us.

For those who have stayed at Vero Beach, which Beach Cottage do I request if I am able to get one?

JimC, you have mentioned a Beach Cottage before,which one was it?

Moe

Actually OKW has one more bathroom than BWV GV (4 vs. 3). The OKW GV has full size beds in one of the bedrooms rather than queen size like BWV. Our family has stayed in both. 5 of the 7 BWV GVs are one floor rather than 2 story, which may or may not be to your liking. My family prefers the BWV location. I wish that were not the case because the OKW GVs are so much cheaper.

SSR also has 4 bathrooms, which is nice for the people who get the sofa bed in the living room. Grand Villas are great on a rainy day and you have grumpies with you. They can go and grump in their room by themselves.

By far the best imho are the Beach Cottages at VB. It's about time for me to book one for next Spring Break.

Are the walks to the villas at AKV like the walks to BWV? We have the funniest home video (and memories) of our loooong walks to our villas! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter