GRAND OPENING - GRAND CLOSING (Florida)

Florida is closing all of its state-managed coronavirus testing sites at 5 p.m. tomorrow because of the potential tropical storm. They will be closed perhaps until next Wednesday.

Florida is closing all of its state-managed coronavirus testing sites at 5 p.m. tomorrow because of the potential tropical storm. They will be closed perhaps until next Wednesday.
Just saw that. Yikes. Is the tropical storm going to impact all parts of the state at the same time? Seems odd to shut everything down for the same time frame rather than a rolling closure as the storm progresses. But I guess we wouldn’t have any cases if we didn’t test at all so this is one way to have less cases, right? 😉

I am informed. We will see if those ”long term health implication” are as rampant as you have intimated. please enlighten me. Then let me know about possible long term issues with other viral disease. Such as heart and other organ failure post influenza infection. These are possible With viral diseases. There are latent viruses that are in our cells waiting to take over your cellular production and replicate themselves. Several post graduate virology and infectious diseases class have me informed.
Thank you for your concern for my staying current.

I shared a study above. I appreciate your higher education. I'm current with events too, listening to and reading many experts every day. I'm still concerned, as are they. It's all good though....we all need to do what we feel comfortable doing at this point.

How do you explain this?
A range of new research on face coverings shows that the risk of infection to the wearer is decreased by 65 percent, said Dean Blumberg, chief of pediatric infectious diseases at UC Davis Children’s Hospital.

Interesting read for a rainy Wednesday evening. Dean Blumburg didn’t write that article. Also, can you please show me where it says masks reduce infections by 65%? I saw where mask use in a non-medical setting was shown in Vietnam and China, but it was in regards to SARS and not COVID.

The article says the most effective way to reduce the spread is by physical distancing 2 meters or more.

No character assignation. Just wanted to let you know that your error is in looking at the wrong place to shore up your argument. The Florida Department of Health isn't reporting accurately.

They omit people who die in Florida that haven't "officially" declared Florida has their state of residence. Also, their numbers of deaths can increase, sometimes by quite a lot, once all of the deaths are reported. There is often a discrepancy, especially in the span of a week as the counties file their reports.

If you want to better informed, follow this epidemiologist. He is compiling the information for Florida. He's usually a day behind but I trust his information more than FDOH.

https://public.tableau.com/profile/...VID-19inFloridaanepidemiologiststake/StoryWeb
Those are the cdc numbers for all the USA

I shared a study above. I appreciate your higher education. I'm current with events too, listening to and reading many experts every day. I'm still concerned, as are they. It's all good though....we all need to do what we feel comfortable doing at this point.
I only brought up my education because you implied I wasn’t staying current.
There certainly are differing points of view on this topic, as we have discussed previously. I’m okay with differing opinions, it is the personal assaults that bother me. I am not implying you are assaulting me, speaking in general.

If masks didn't work, why is there little or no virus in countries and states where masks are mandated, and virus everywhere in states with no mask mandate?

if masks work why do people wearing masks still get viral diseases? Many of the states with COVID have mandatory mask wearing in public, I was unaware that those states have gone to zero infection rates. Please provide me with the reporting agencies you got your numbers from.

We are back to insults rather than having a discussion?
When someone comes back on another sock puppet and makes the exact same claims of credentials on another one as the old one, that is the insult. And he not only insulted me. He insulted you. And he insulted all of us and anyone else reading him by doing so.

Last edited:
Let me give you some advice. Don't make the same exact false claims on your new sock puppet that you made on the last one that you got banned. Post graduate virology classes. Surgical suite . It makes it all too easy.
I’ve never gotten banned. I don’t need you advice as I speak the truth, and could careless what you think. So go troll someone else.

if masks work why do people wearing masks still get viral diseases? Many of the states with COVID have mandatory mask wearing in public, I was unaware that those states have gone to zero infection rates. Please provide me with the reporting agencies you got your numbers from.
I don't think anyone has ever claimed that masks give 100% protection.

Even in states where masks are mandated in public not everyone wears them Masks aren't worn in all situations. Where I live masks are mandated indoors. People are supposed to social distance when outdoors but not everyone complies. No we are not at zero infection rate but our positive rate has been under 2% for 2 months.

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest