• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grand Floridian vs. All Deluxe Resorts

Chrisrokc

Earning My Ears
Due to the excessive on going construction at the Grand Floridian, I am thinking about changing our reservations for March 1st-7th. It has been since the late 90s since I have been to Disney World. Had one stay in the Contemporary and two stays at the Grand Floridian. I was young so I am not sure how much I remember.

So what do you think... where should we stay? It is just my girlfriend and myself.

We've stayed at all but 3 of the deluxe resorts (YC, BWI, & CR) and all of them were great stays as all of them have their perks and are beautiful resorts. With that said, the Poly is our favorite for many reasons. We love the tropical atmosphere, the pool, Captain Cooks, the beach for watching the fireworks, and the relaxing atmosphere walking around at night under the lit tiki torches. We always stay deluxe and wouldn't hesitate to stay at any of them, but the Poly is our #1 choice. Good luck.

We've made our rounds of the deluxes except BWI.... Most got ruled out for one thing or another....

For us it's location location and price .... We like being on the jakes, in the MK area..... The three monorail resorts are wonderful but just over priced for our taste .... That leaves the WL...

WL, compact resort, all under one roof, boat access to the MK, FW and CR.... Artist Point, superb dining adventure (up scale).... Great theming and off the beaten track of the monorail resorts means less day visitors .... And best of all, cheapest of the deluxes .... Stay and play longer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter