Grand Floridian Studio Comparison?

With the addition of the microwave, it makes more sense now they are the same....for me, that was a big missing piece to have them priced the same.
A sink would be nice but they are very pretty and have some positives that help balance the two out so maybe fair as is like you say.

You can request a toaster and Mr. Coffee if desired. Perhaps a toaster will be provided in all RS eventually but will render the food prep surface still more cramped.
I'm looking at the new list of amenities, and there's a new category of four asterisks for "not available in resort studios." That category includes mop, toaster, broom, dust pan, iron, ironing board. We do have a "clothes steamer" which is only in resort studios. Looks like I could request a coffee maker, blender, electric mixer, or tea kettle.

I really think the resort studio's should be fewer points though.
I would expect the opposite, given the resort studio's extra square footage and proximity to the monorail station. A kitchen sink doesn't make much of a difference to us, but YMMV. :)

This is good to hear. I am going to be trying the resort studios next year, and most of our stays in the past have been poly and wilderness. It still hurts a little to know we are trying GF instead of going back to Poly this time, so I am glad to know you actually ended up enjoying the Grand. lol I am worried I will stare at the poly saying " I wish I was there " lol
If you are staying for more then 6 nights, consider a split stay and end it with the Poly (Ive done that for many trips I wanted to try new resorts). As humans, we are built with a “the grass is greener on the other side“ thought. Thats why even when you are at Disneyworld, you can be in a restaurant you’ve been waiting for for months yet think “I can’t wait for tomorrow’s restaurant“. I’ve been working on enjoying the here and now over the years (its very tough lol).
You will miss the Poly no matter how great the Grand is BUT the fact that its right next door and you can visit it easily should bring you some peace.

How long will Poly construction last and will it affect the deluxe studios much?

How long will Poly construction last and will it affect the deluxe studios much?

The construction is on the other side of the resort so there is no impact in the area of the current PVB studios. These are slated to open in late 2024 and it seems its on track for that.

The only potential that I can see is if they plan to do any updating/changing to the bus stop area as with the addition of all those rooms, they are going to have to account for that for the transportation. I do wonder if they will find a way to put a bus pick near the tower.

Chiming in to say that I really love the RS rooms at BPK - they are STUNNING! SO incredibly beautiful. I love that the building is much closer to the main lobby too. I will always book there and love that there is so much inventory.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter