Grand Floridian room questions

dorymom67

Mouseketeer
Just a couple of quick questions:

1) Are there any standard rooms in the Main Bldg. at GF? Just throught I'd ask.

2) If a member of my party has a disability and needs to be closer to the monorail launch, what would my options be?

Reason being: Stayed at the BWV and she had trouble walking from the villas to the lobby. She never complained, however I knew that walk was a bit much for her. (We were in the very last villa on the boardwalk)

Thanks.

No, there aren't standard rooms in the main building.

As for the monorail, I would just request a room as close to the main building as possible. Be sure to ask for that reason to be noted.

I've never stayed at BWV but I don't think any of the rooms at the GF are as far away from the monorail as the villas appear to be from the area that the elevator is located.

Good luck and have fun!:goodvibes

Dorymom The main building at the GF houses all concierge level rooms.

You can look at the property map at the beginning of the GF FAQ thread and see the layout of the buildings...everything is in pretty close proximity to the main building...

Its such a beautiful resort...Enjoy your stay:flower3:

I figured that none were standard. I read that somewhere that all the rooms in the Main Building were concierge. I stayed at the GF in '96 for my honeymoon. I remember that we couldn't afford the Honeymoon suite for the week, so we booked lagoon view which was a building behind the main bldg. to the left. I wonder if you get a better view of Magic Kingdom from the Main Bldg. It might be worth spending the extra if you can see the fireworks. Guess you get what you pay for. Do all the rooms have a balcony area?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter