Grand Floridian reception locations/Summerhouse

WVTinkGrl

Mouseketeer
I just changed the date of my wedding and now I have a little problem. I am wanting to have a 5:00 wishes wedding at the Wedding Pavilion and was going to use the White Hall room, but since I changed the date, I can no longer use the While Hall. I am still wanting to have my reception in/near the Grand Floridian. I have heard about the Summerhouse and was wondering if anyone has used it or anyother location for a reception or party.

We're having our rehearsal dinner there - which isn't until 10/15 so I can't say how it was, but I love the location, and think it's going to work out great. I love how it has a summer/patio feel with walking distance to the beach and hammocks! And...you can see the WP in the distance.

Not to pirate: but does anyone know any more about the summerhouse? Costs, etc? Would it be a good place for lunch after abn escape wedding, and would that even be an option? I'm trying to book GFC for after our Escape wedding and am having no luck at all :mad: Summerhouse might be a good alternative if avalible and if the price is right :goodvibes

The Summerhouse is an outdoor bar area adjacent to the GF beach, about halfway between the resort’s theme pool and courtyard pool. Seating is at patio tables and chairs - there is no indoor seating or porch or anything.

It has a food and beverage minimum of $1,500.

We had a summerhouse reception planned for our wedding in January, but when the weather didn't cooperate (it was beautiful, but would have gotten really cold that night), we had to move it into a ballroom. Luckily, we were able to have the pre-reception there, and it was great. If you want a more laid back feel, I would definitely suggest this spot. It had the same food/beverage requirements as anywhere in the GF...I believe it was 125/pp for a wishes wedding. So..a little pricey...but worth it if you want your reception at the GF, but not in a typical ballroom.

The overall food and beverage minimums for a Wishes wedding with a reception held anywhere at the Grand Floridian are $100pp before 2pm and $125pp after 2pm, but the Summerhouse does not have site-specific per person food and beverage minimums.

That means you don't have to spend a certain amount per person on your meal at the Summerhouse, you just have to hit a total of $1,500.

And in order to hit those $100/$125 pp overall wedding-day minimums, you can include the price of your cake, your dessert party food - anything you eat or drink anywhere at Disney on your wedding day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter