Grand Floridian Private Dining - Fireworks Dinner with DH...!

Panfan - what did you get as your menu? I'm working with Courtney with the menu...just wondering what you chose and how much it is? (if you don't mind sharing).

Thanks!

I chose directly from the private dining menu. We have a party of 5 including our 3 DS's so this is not going to be as "romantic" obviously.

Anyway,

I just ordered "catch of the day" for myself and DH.
I showed the children the menu last night and they selected what they wanted. A child's grilled cheese ( can you believe it ..grilled cheese ??) , the Minnie's mini cheeseburgers and the Jr. Steak.

I also got the crabcake appitezer and 3 salads. Soda's for the kids and a bottle of white wine.

We are having the "dog bones" dessert for the boys. DH and I will have the exact dessert the OP had! I thought that looked great.

We are also doing the Wishes Cruise so we will not be at the table for the fireworks. I have chocolate strawberries ordered for the cruise as well as coffee and bottles water. We have others joining us for the cruise.

The table will also be decorated in a birthday theme ( rather than romance I guess) There will be baloons etc.

I can't wait!

Oh, about the price...I am still waiting for the e-mail from Courtney with the total. We can adjust some things if necessary..lol. Unfortunately , I was at work when she called to arrange everything this evening and I didn't have enough time to discuss every single price of the "extras" I ordered. I'm sure it all adds up though!!

Any news anyone?? I'm still waiting for Courtney to get back to me!
It takes forever...I find.

I'll wait until tomorrow and see.

Chantal

Wow! Not much action on this thread. Anyway, We just got back last night and our private dining experience was awesome! I think I will post a new review soon as to not "hijack" this thread anymore...lol! Give me a few days as I have to work all weekend!

Here's my update:

We are considering this for our upcoming trip.
Here is our menu we have selected:

2 Caesar Salads
1 New York Strip Steak with baked potato
1 Chicken Brochette with baked potato and rice
1 Mini Castle cake
1 Bottle Robert Mondavi Costal
Butler Service

The subtotal before 6.5% tax, 18% gratuity, or $3 delivery charge is $166.96. I've calculated a total of approx. $210.86.

Just thought I'd update this post, in case anyone else is interested in having an idea as to how much it costs.

WOW!!! That is much cheaper than what Courtney quoted me. Are you having a butler? Where are you having the dinner at?

Yes we do (as stated in my post) have a butlet and our location is the Alcove (view of castle and fireworks).

Did you ask for the same things???

I just spoke with Courtney a few minutes ago and she said private dining doesn't handle the alcove bookings anymore. It is handled by GF catering or something like that. Their # is 407-824-3348. I'm waiting for a call back.

Is the Alcove location on the Sago Cay side of the Marina or the other side closer to Conch Key and Sugar Loaf.

I just spoke with Courtney a few minutes ago and she said private dining doesn't handle the alcove bookings anymore. It is handled by GF catering or something like that.

Maybe she's getting too many calls!! hahaha
I'd better confirm everything with her...cause I want that location!!

Just spoke to Heather at private dining as nobody has returned my call for 3 days now and she told me that no one does the alcove anymore. She also said that level 3 of the GF is for hotel guests only so they won't do any dining there also. Her best suggestion was to book dinner at Narcoose's. I'm really bummed out now :sad1:

I wonder if that means that those of us who have things book already are not going to be able to do it? I would help they would tell us that if that is the case.

Kristine

I would assume that anyone that has it booked already is fine. They are just not going to take anymore reservations for it.

Hi all!

I am so excited to see so many people doing this! I am bummed to hear about the alcove - it was perfect! Chanty - I do have photos but they all turned out to dark. I wasn't quick enough to take them before dusk came.

All the plans people have mentioned sound wonderful! I really look forward to the reviews...!

lovemickeyshouse said:
I CALLED THE DINING LINE ABOUT THIS AND THEY YOU CAN'T RENT THE MONORAIL CAR FOR DINNER SO THAT IS FALSE INFO UNLESS YOU CAN PROVE IT THEN PM ME WITH INFO

Sorry, no can prove. It was a story our butler told about a dinner he did a while ago. I never followed up with anyone to hear yes or no to it now, but sounds like it's a no.

txtink17 said:
3 Questions:

1. What location did y'all choose? Alcove?

2. Your dinner selection looks so good! I've never had beef tenderloin, is it cooked well done or is it pink inside?

3. Do you know the price for this entree?

DH and I will be celebrating our 14th this Feb., and I would love to plan a surprise dinner for him.

1 -yup, we were at the alcove.

2. It was wonderful - DH ordered it medium rare so it was pink. You can get it well done, but most chefs think that ruins it. It's very tender and lean, but extremely flavorful.

3. I believe the entrees were about $30 or so. Comparable to a good steak at Le Cellier or Spoodles.

slk537 said:
I have wanted to post this review ever since our trip, but somehow just never got around to putting it all down on “paper”…

Slk537 .... what a wonderfully romantic experience. I'm sorry it's taken so long for me to read it and to get caught up on my Board stuff. Life's been crazy and reality has had the better of me lately.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful night and dining experience with us.

Your dinner sounds absolutely wonderful. I'm contemplating surprising my husband in May with a private dinner if they are still able to arrange such things. It's disappointing to hear you can't book the alcove anymore :(

Has anyone had a recently booked a romantic private dining. It seems from the latest posts that they have greatly scaled back on their offerings. I would have loved to book the alcove for next year, but it seems like they are not offering it at all now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter