Grand Floridian POOL OPENING???

jemmouse

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know or heard when main pool at GF will open? They say first week of April but anyone hear exact???

Does anyone know or heard when main pool at GF will open? They say first week of April but anyone hear exact???

This is what is listed on disney site if you try to book a GF room:

Please note, the following amenities at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa will be closed for refurbishments: Courtyard Pool: Closed through March 2013 • Ivy Trellis Salon: Closed through mid February 2013

Hopefully someone will let us know when actually open:)

the courtyard pool is the non feature pool or quiet pool. Is the main pool closed?

So do most people with kids tend to swim primarily more at Beach Pool than Courtyard(when it was open)????

Also do you think the Volcano Pool at POLYNESIAN is about the same size as the Beach Pool at GF???

Having a hard time finding that info online so asking for people who have seen both to guesstimate...

jemmouse said:
So do most people with kids tend to swim primarily more at Beach Pool than Courtyard(when it was open)????

Also do you think the Volcano Pool at POLYNESIAN is about the same size as the Beach Pool at GF???

Having a hard time finding that info online so asking for people who have seen both to guesstimate...

The courtyard pool was the only pool there when our girls were little. The new pool as we call it is nice, and it's location on the beach is really pretty. I do know that sometimes you have o swim with the ducks though ;) I know the volcano pool tends to get packed, and I want to say I think it's smaller or at least appears smaller. Our last stay at the Polynesian was years ago and they wound up closing the pool due to a parent that neglected to use swim diapers. Closed for two days so they could sanitize it. Grrrrr!

ETA. The new water play area is right next to the theme pool, so it may get more crowded thanks to that.

Like the PP, the courtyard pool was the only pool when my DD was little. But on our last trip to the GF, most of the little kids were over in the waterfall pool area (since it has that zero-entry and the slide) and the courtyard pool was mostly adults and older kids (that pool is much deeper than the other one).

The volcano pool at the Poly is larger than the waterfall pool at the GF, IMO, but not huge by comparison... and quite crowded.

We are leaving for the GF on Saturday, March 16th, and was wondering if anyone is there right now and can post updated pics of the courtyard pool?

I'm hoping it'll be open in the next week, but I'm not holding my breath.

Thanks,
Doug

i think that the volcano pool at the poly looks slightly larger than the beach pool at GF.

when we've been there, i would say that at the beach pool, it is almost all families with kids, while the courtyard pool has a mix of adults and families.

the gf's courtyard pool is really different than the "quiet" pools at other resorts. it is ENORMOUS and right in the middle of everything, and has amenities. it seems other resorts have quiet pools that are smaller, and off the beaten path.

i prefer the ambience at the courtyard pool. and somehow it always seems sunnier over there, too, whereas when we visit ("off" season) it is often shadier and colder at the beach pool. and after a while, the waterfall noise at the beach pool starts to get on my nerves. the courtyard pool has a bit more of a country club feel.

Yesterday I phoned to the Grand Floridian to ask when the courtyard pool will open. The woman of the Grand Floridian told me that it would be the 13th April. I also send an e-mail to the concierge level of the GF and they said that the pool will open 1th April. On the internet I found to different dates (30 March and 11 April). What is now correct? Could someone post a photo of the courtyard pooltaken this week ?

I really would like to know the exact opening date of the pool because I have booked a room for the 4th April and I decided not to go if the courtyard pool is closed, because we are not going to the parks and wanted to spend all day in the pools.

I really hope that you can help me.

Yesterday I phoned to the Grand Floridian to ask when the courtyard pool will open. The woman of the Grand Floridian told me that it would be the 13th April. I also send an e-mail to the concierge level of the GF and they said that the pool will open 1th April. On the internet I found to different dates (30 March and 11 April). What is now correct? Could someone post a photo of the courtyard pooltaken this week ?

I really would like to know the exact opening date of the pool because I have booked a room for the 4th April and I decided not to go if the courtyard pool is closed, because we are not going to the parks and wanted to spend all day in the pools.

I really hope that you can help me.

I am in some what of the same situation. In the past few months I have wanted to try GF. We currently are at Poly with reservations but I want to switch over to GF BUT only if Courtyard Pool is open. And our ressies start April 5th.

What number did you call GF at?

I hope they can let the general public know very soon....I REALLY want to stay at GF...

Yes, I also want to take a decision this week and would like to know the exact date of the reopening.

I called this number at GF: (407) 824-3000.

If you have any news, please let me know. Thanks

Just got off the phone with concierge at Grand Floridian and she said same as above poster it is set to OPEN March 30th! She said right now it is filled and they are working in landscaping it right now....keeping fingers crossed that PP and concierge are right :-)

Has anyone heard when the Beach will be open again, and the ugly walls come down? :beach:

I have never before stayed at GF but she said the walls will be coming down the night before like the PP said. Not sure if the pool walls are same as Beach view ones....

I have never before stayed at GF but she said the walls will be coming down the night before like the PP said. Not sure if the pool walls are same as Beach view ones....

FACT: The courtyard pool walls are different than the beach walls. SPECULATION: I have no knowledge of this but I am assuming the beach walls will be up longer. There was a aerial photo of the worksite and it showed the area behind the beach walls. It looks like they were using it for vehicles. So, I'm assuming those walls will need to be up longer for the DVC work. This is just silly speculation though so I'm probably not being very helpful.

Just got off the phone with concierge at Grand Floridian and she said same as above poster it is set to OPEN March 30th! She said right now it is filled and they are working in landscaping it right now....keeping fingers crossed that PP and concierge are right :-)

Thank you for the update.

I just called again to see if I got the same info as yesterday. And YES I did. She said she saw the pool today and it is filled :cheer2:

I also asked her about the Beach Walls and she did say they would be up longer :sad2:

So I believe this girl is switching to GF!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!