Grand Floridian Photo Shoot

STLDisney_Freak

Proud Marching Band, Winter Guard, Choir Mom
Has anyone done the family photos at the Grand Floridian Hotel? This is where my family is going to be staying when we head down to the World. I don't know if it is a part of photo pass or not. I do believe you have to pay extra for the photo shoot at the Grand Floridian, but it is something I'd like to do with my family. :thumbsup2 Just looking for experiences and if you have any photos..I'd love to see them. :yay:

We did it last October. We had pre-paid for the photopass cd, so the sitting fee for the FG shoot was only $25. Our photographer was nice enough, but more rushed than I would have liked. DS had fallen asleep and I had to wake him up for the shoot, so he was not a happy camper. And while I know they are on a tight schedule, it would have been nice for her to at least taken a little extra time with DS, but that did not happen. I would probably do it again in a couple of years, but it was nice to get some pics of all 4 of us, even if they weren't great. Hey, it's photopass, not a professional, right ;)

Go for it, the scenery is beautiful.

We did this in September. They came out great. A little rushed I felt. Was happy I had done it.

We will try for another shoot just for the memories. it is hare to get pics of my kids all together.

We did this in September. The biggest problem we had was that my children (and DH) were squinting during the outside shots. The sun was really bright. Ours was not rushed at all. Maybe we didn't have anyone scheduled behind us. We did end up with a couple incredible photos of our children. I'd do it again (I'm not sure if the kids or husband would!!)

I'll be happy to share a few if someone could tell me how to attach a photo.

We did the GF photo shoot in December. We got some great pictures. Our photographer was wonderful. We went later in the afternoon so we did not have the sun issues.

tink fan - I would love to see them. I'm actually just bumping in hopes someone can give you instructions on how to post. Thanks!

I will try and give some directions.
First, upload your digital photos to your computer. If you have the Photo Pass CD you most likely already have done that.

Next, go to a site like Photobucket.com and register as a member.
Once you have a member ID and password, go to the "home" page and click on "upload photos and video".
All you have to do on that page, is click the "browse" button and locate your photos on your computer, then click "upload".
Once the photos are uploaded, you will get four link options directly beneath the photo. Left Click on the "IMG Code" option. The photo will be copied to your clipboard.....all you need to do is come here and right click to paste the code in your post.
You will not see the photo immediately----not until you hit preview post or submit reply.

Hope this helps and looking forward to seeing some pics.

I know you can book up to 30 days in advance. What is the cutoff for booking this? 24 hours notice?

Just pre-purchased the photopass CD. Wanted to bump this thread so I can see some of the pics????

Prices have changed a bit. If you do the photo shoot now, and you want to purchase CD of your other vacation photos you can do it for an extra 50$ fee. I don't know the specifics, but as it gets bigger, the prices are changing. It's really not a bad idea, especially if you've pre-purchased the CD and only pay the 25$ sitting fee. And like they told us, if you go to a professional studio, you pre-purchase a package of so many photos, then you have to pick from them in the sizes you want. And the rest are deleted. Very rarely do you ever get digital copies of all your photos, and you get to print out every photo in any size you want.

You can always see if you can walk up. The sessions are usually a half hour long, and they will generally ask you if you have any specifics for pictures, so make sure you know the resort well before heading out to make sure you get the pics you want. You usually will go to about 4-6 location of about 12 approved locations, unless you request some place different. All the location are pretty. Generally between 30-50 shots will be taken. Sometimes it also depends on how many is in your family, larger families will obviously have a bit more as grandparents have thier own, kids, kids with parents, parents, that sort of thing. And sometimes, walking 20 steps and facing the other directions will give a whole new photo. So it sometimes happens like that.
There are six deluxe resorts you can go to.
Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge. And you might get an extra 10 minutes if there's no one behind you. So ask them what slots they have available, then pick one with no one next. But there's some days that it's just booked solid. And they do still work with the rain, but they don't always mind if you reschedule it for a not so rainy time.
As the holidays approach I'm sure there will be some changes with decorations. But generally you can find a photographer doing regular photopass picture at the grand with the ginger bread house and christmas tree, and sometimes at the Contemporary. Now that more resorts have cameras constantly there, more might pop up this season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter