• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grand Floridian or Contemporary?!

Bay Lake Tower! It's an additional DVC building to Contemporary Resort! It opened in 2009. It has Studios, 1br, 2br & Grand Villas as room choice. But you can obviously stay there via cash reservation. :)
Is BLT the main building?! The one with the monorail going through it with all of the shops and restaurants? haha sorry I'm not very familiar with the Contemporary...

Is BLT the main building?! The one with the monorail going through it with all of the shops and restaurants? haha sorry I'm not very familiar with the Contemporary...

Nope it's not, it's another building very close to it. It replaces CR's North Wing. It doesn't have the monorail going through it but it has a walkway connecting itself to CR. Like alot of DVC properties it doesn't have any dining options, you'd have to walk over to CR. But it does have it's own pool & some amazing room views! There's plenty of threads on here with more information, have a look! :thumbsup2

Nope it's not, it's another building very close to it. It replaces CR's North Wing. It doesn't have the monorail going through it but it has a walkway connecting itself to CR. Like alot of DVC properties it doesn't have any dining options, you'd have to walk over to CR. But it does have it's own pool & some amazing room views! There's plenty of threads on here with more information, have a look! :thumbsup2

I just have one more question, sorry if i' bugging you, but if we wanted to stay in the part with the monorail and shops, what is that called? Just like the "garden view" or whatever?!

I just have one more question, sorry if i' bugging you, but if we wanted to stay in the part with the monorail and shops, what is that called? Just like the "garden view" or whatever?!

Don't worry, you're not bothering me at all. :goodvibes

It's just simply called 'Disney's Contemporary Resort' & then you pick your view (Bay Lake View or Magic Kingdom View) but there's also the Garden Wing option which is a little cluster of rooms over 3 floors.

If you want to have a look at Bay Lake Tower here's a link to the photo thread : http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2250408

Don't forget anyone staying at Bay Lake Tower also needs to check-in at the Contemporary lobby. Plus other things like WDW transportation options, Bell Services and Valet Parking are also all at the Contemporary.

You would need to make a reservation for the rooms located in the Tower and that means choosing the Tower - Theme Park View or Tower Bay Lake View.

Miss Traveler I am a fan of both of these resorts..although I will say GF is my fave too...

While the GF is just that Grand.. which you already know since you are a fan...

... the CR is truly a WDW classic...the new rooms are what I would call modern elegance..and and while the grounds are not as lovely as those of the GF...but still well kept and Disneyish ( I think that I made up a new word??? LOL!!!) IMO...the view from those tower rooms cannot be beat...I am a fan of the Bay view..and love watching the EWP in the evenings...and the surise in the morning..there are folks that must have the MK view..and I can understand why..being able to see the castle from the vantage point of those rooms is very magical...

Also there is something very cool about watching the monorail gliding in and out of the resort...Its something you wont find anywhere else...

HTH a little....both are beautiful resorts...and I am sure you will enjoy which ever you choose...:goodvibes

Miss Traveler I am a fan of both of these resorts..although I will say GF is my fave too...

While the GF is just that Grand.. which you already know since you are a fan...

... the CR is truly a WDW classic...the new rooms are what I would call modern elegance..and and while the grounds are not as lovely as those of the GF...but still well kept and Disneyish ( I think that I made up a new word??? LOL!!!) IMO...the view from those tower rooms cannot be beat...I am a fan of the Bay view..and love watching the EWP in the evenings...and the surise in the morning..there are folks that must have the MK view..and I can understand why..being able to see the castle from the vantage point of those rooms is very magical...

Also there is something very cool about watching the monorail gliding in and out of the resort...Its something you wont find anywhere else...

HTH a little....both are beautiful resorts...and I am sure you will enjoy which ever you choose...:goodvibes

Thank you! Wow, I'm even more torn! I didn't think of the EWP part of it...that's usually something we look forward to during our stay!

I understand what you mean about the convention-ey feel! :)

Thank you ;). I'm not saying the CR is a bad resort.......I'm just saying it isn't what we look for in a resort. The Poly is our favorite and we love everything about it, but there are alot of people who have no desire to stay there and ones who have tried it and won't go back....and that is fine as everyone's tastes are different. That is one of the great things about Disney......there are so many different resorts to fit everyone's tastes :thumbsup2. Good luck deciding on where to stay, although I'm sure you'll have a great trip no matter which resort you choose :wizard:.

The CR has it's fans and I'm one of them. There's a great energy to that resort I haven't seen in others. Between all of the fireworks viewing areas, the BLT's new pool and the concourse with the shops and Chef Mickey's, I love it there. I remember riding the monorail through there as a little girl and feeling so excited that we were riding through a building. I love that resort for the energy, the memories and the decor.

The GF is nice too although we've only visited. I would suggest you give the CR a try. That way, you can say you've done all the monorail resorts and from that, pick your favorite.

I'm sorry you think that! But lots of people like the feel of that hotel. :rolleyes1

You don't have to be sorry or roll your eyes. I was giving an opinion thats what you asked for. Honestly if you like the resort why are you asking. Just go ahead and try it.

:offtopic: Hi there Mickeynut! You Poly lovin gal you! LOL!!

MT08 Didnt mean to make things more confusing!!! :upsidedow It really is so nice watching the EWP from your balcony in the CR tower at night though...as I said if you are on the MK side of the tower you can see the castle and fireworks too...

We do stay at the GF for most of our disney trips...but if you want to try something different, and stay at a monorail resort I do think that the CR is a good choice...

Also regarding the noise factor...once the door to the room is closed you will not hear the monorail at all...

Have a fun trip....:)

Hola everyone! So we decided on the CR, which building do you think is better? Were leaning towards the main but I'm open to suggestions!

Hola everyone! So we decided on the CR, which building do you think is better? Were leaning towards the main but I'm open to suggestions!
Well the rooms in their Garden Wing categories are less expensive and it's a 5 minute walk or less to the Tower depending on where your room would be located. However when staying in the Tower you are an elevator ride away from their stores, restaurants and transportation options. Plus all their Tower rooms come with a full balcony which are not available for the Garden Wing rooms. However the good thing is the sizes of the rooms and design in both locations are exactly the same, so it depends on how much you feel like spending on your room and it's location.

Well the rooms in their Garden Wing categories are less expensive and it's a 5 minute walk or less to the Tower depending on where your room would be located. However when staying in the Tower you are an elevator ride away from their stores, restaurants and transportation options. Plus all their Tower rooms come with a full balcony which are not available for the Garden Wing rooms. However the good thing is the sizes of the rooms and design in both locations are exactly the same, so it depends on how much you feel like spending on your room and it's location.

Thanks!! You're very helpful!! I'm thinking were probably going to go with the Tower rooms!! Thanks!!

You don't have to be sorry or roll your eyes. I was giving an opinion thats what you asked for. Honestly if you like the resort why are you asking. Just go ahead and try it.

Sorry I wasn't trying to be rude!! :) thanks for your input though!!

I love the Contemporary. I think the rooms are gorgeous and very relaxing inside. It is nice to get away from cartoon characters and bright colors at night and I happen to love the decor inside. I love having the monorail right there and being so close that I can see either the castle or the electrical water pageant. I feel like I am sleeping in the backyard of the Magic Kingdom if I leave the curtains open, but I have the option to close it all out if I need to rest. It doesn't hurt that the CMs there are amazing and that California Grill is my favorite restaurant.

The Tower rooms are totally worth it. I would def. suggest getting them! I completely lucked out and my wedding block at the CR was upgraded to the Tower rooms and I am so thankful and glad. We've stayed there twice and it is our favorite resort. We love being near the Poly and GF as we adore them, too, but the actual rooms of the CR are our favorite and being so close we can enjoy the lobbies and beaches of the Poly and GG anytime! HTH.

I really hope you love it as much as we did!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter