Grand Floridian Junior Chefs?

GlennandAnn

<font color=9966FF>If found, please return to Boar
I was watching Unwrapped on the Food Network on Sunday, and WDW was featured (woohoo). There was a segment on a Junior Chefs program at GF resort. DS saw it and was really interested. Does anybody have any information on this program? Any help would be appreciated.

Ann:earsgirl:

My two daughters 4 & 7 did the grand adventures in cooking this past week, and loved it. they decorated chef hats and aprons, and then made worms in dirt. Afterwards they handed out all they made to the guests in the lobby. It was about 15 kids, and was totally booked up so I recommend making PS as soon as possible. ::MinnieMo

I booked it for my DS(4) a few days ago. It is held on Tuesdays and Fridays at GF, and it requires a credit card to hold the child's place. For whatever reason, Tuesdays seem to fill up more quickly than Fridays. I believe the cost was $28.72. It begins at 10 am (be there 15 minutes early) and ends at 11:45. The parents don't go with the children, but can wait around for them to present their treats in the lobby. The children must be either 3 or 4 to 10 years old to participate. Call 407.WDW.DINE to reserve.

DS doesn't know yet, and when he saw Unwrapped, he just thought it was the greatest thing in the World. He was telling me that he really wanted to do it so he can get practice before he goes to "Chef School", and I told him that I didn't think we would have time. I had already made the PS for it. I can't wait to see his face when he finds out that he actually gets to do it himself. Make your ressie as soon as you can. I was lucky that they had one spot left, since we leave in less than a month.

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:
  • '95- Offsite- Comfort Inn, LBV
  • '96- Dixie Landings, All Star Sports
  • '97- Coronado Springs - Grad Trip
  • '99- BoardWalk Villas
  • '00- BWV (May), Disney Institute (Oct)
  • '01- BWV
  • '02- BWV
  • '03- Polynesian (May), BWV (Sept)
  • '04 - Port Orleans Riverside (May), Saratoga Springs (Sept)

The children must be either 3 or 4 to 10 years old to participate. Call 407.WDW.DINE to reserve.
You need to be 4 to participate in Grand Adventures for Cooking. I just called and reserved my DD and DS for the Wonderland Tea Party, since DS is only 3, this is the only one he can go to.

Thanks for the replies! We're staying at Poly concierge, so I'm going to call tomorrow and see if they can get him in!

Ann:earsgirl:

Another option for Junior Chefs if you cant get that, is at the Land Pavillion at Epcot. When we were there in Dec they did it once an hour on the half hour from 12:30-4:30. There is no reservation, you just show up 15 minutes before the beginning time. They take a group, maybe 15, kids and they all help to make chocolate chip cookies. the parents can watch the whole time. Each kid gets a Junior Chef hat with their name on it, 2 cookies in the end, and a container of chocolate chips. I dont believe there is an age limit since my small 3 yo was able to do it, and no one questioned his age(I didnt even think to see if there was a minimum). Best of all it was all free.
It was a lot of fun for the kids, especially since we did it on Christmas Eve, when they would usually be making cookies with Grandma. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter