Grand Floridian - grocery store??

lmk

Dedicated to Elise - Elmo's biggest fan!
I read on the website that you can buy groceries somewhere in the GF. Can anyone elaborate as to what kind of groceries are available? My daughter has peanut/nut allergies so I like to bring food to the parks and am looking for somewhere to buy things like yogurt, cheese (things I can't easily bring on the plane with me). Thanks.

I remember seeing milk, yogurt, fruit, and some other simple things at Gasparilla's, which is open 24 hrs.

Also, I've noticed that there is a better selection of groceries at the DVC resorts -- the closest would be VWL.

:)

An alternative would be to use a service that delivers the groceries to your resort. We used GardenGrocer.com in the past and it was great. Order your items before you leave for your trip. There is a delivery fee, but it's more than offset by the lower prices (than those in the resort's shop). Another benefit is that they have a much larger selection that what you will find in the resort shop.

As the previous poster mentioned, www.gardengrocer.com will deliver for a $12 fee. They have a wide list of options, and from what I understand you can add in beer or wine under the "special instructions."

Another alternative is www.wegoshop.com They don't use a set price list; instead, you send them your list and they'll shop the local stores and find it. I forget what the pricing is, but they seem worth looking into.

I thought of doing that but with my DD's allergies I'm a little hesitant - we're from Canada so I don't really know safe brands etc. Is the place the first poster mentioned walking distance to GF?

I thought of doing that but with my DD's allergies I'm a little hesitant - we're from Canada so I don't really know safe brands etc. Is the place the first poster mentioned walking distance to GF?

Yes, it's the counter service restaurant in the GF. It's located near the marina. But milk, yogurt there are small single servings and priced higher than in a store.

You could monorail to the MK and then take a boat to Wilderness Lodge or Fort Wilderness to get to one of the shops that carry larger cartons of milk, etc.. as mmmears suggested. The villas and trailers have kitchens so those shops carry sizes appropriate for making meals.

Have a grand time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter