Grand Floridian/Contemporary Presidential Suites?

You are correct about the room rehabs at CR. The 14th floor suites didn't receive quite as a "dramatic" upgrade as the other rooms, since they were already slightly upgraded over the others already. The primary difference I saw in the CR Presidential was the addition of flat screen tv's.

Just to through another presidential suite into the mix, I've also stayed at the Presidential and Admiral suites @ the YC (and the Turret and the VP suites too! lol.........yep, I get around!) The Presidential and Admiral are very "stately"...but my favorite things about them are: 1. the awesome pre-planning department for YC/BC/BWI concierge guests (best on property!), and 2. LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION to Epcot! (this is especially important for the annual Food and Wine Festival!) :cool2:

You are correct about the room rehabs at CR. The 14th floor suites didn't receive quite as a "dramatic" upgrade as the other rooms, since they were already slightly upgraded over the others already. The primary difference I saw in the CR Presidential was the addition of flat screen tv's.

Just to through another presidential suite into the mix, I've also stayed at the Presidential and Admiral suites @ the YC (and the Turret and the VP suites too! lol.........yep, I get around!) The Presidential and Admiral are very "stately"...but my favorite things about them are: 1. the awesome pre-planning department for YC/BC/BWI concierge guests (best on property!), and 2. LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION to Epcot! (this is especially important for the annual Food and Wine Festival!) :cool2:

Wish I could contribute to this discussion, but I really don't know anything about the renovations :rolleyes1. I do know I like a good flat screen tv though.

Thanks for bringing up the YC suites. Would you mind telling what you mean by the word "stately"?

Thank you for confirming that and in some of the pictures I saw the only different I noticed was the flat screen tv's.

Wish I could contribute to this discussion, but I really don't know anything about the renovations :rolleyes1. I do know I like a good flat screen tv though.

Thanks for bringing up the YC suites. Would you mind telling what you mean by the word "stately"?

We haven't had the pleasure of staying in the Admiral Suite but we were able to view it one day (people just checked out and thanks to the Mousekeeper) :rolleyes1 as it was across the hall from our Jr. Suite at the YC. Very nice I might say. This might help: "stately" has a couple of meanings and a few are large, grand, opulent, superb, luxurious. Along those lines. Sometimes they will refer to a yacht or a ship as being very stately.

I've stayed in both a couple of times each.......and believe me, they are very different. The GF suite definitely is more "elegant", but to me it also seemed a bit cold. LOVED the shower in the Contemp master bath!
In my humble opinion, the greatest suite on-property is the Steeplechase Suite @ BWI. AMAZING........especially that 100' balcony! Yes, you read it right! lol

Goofmyster, what do you do for a living? And, where can I apply?

That is correct.......it is 100' long, and about 12'-15' wide (can't remember). I've stayed (multiple times) at GF, CR, BWI, YC presidentials. Yes, the Steeplechase remains my personal favorite. Absolutely amazing suite in every way. The master bath in the GF and BWI suites is about the size of a regular hotel room! And their jacuzzi tubs are big enough for 4-5 people!:thumbsup2

May I correspond my next vist with yours and visit your piece of heaven? :worship: :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter