Grand Floridian/Contemporary Presidential Suites?

mintywinty127

Earning My Ears
Anybody been inside either? I'm trying to choose between the two for the trip I take to WDW after I win the lottery. They both seem to have perks. Which would you chooooose? :thumbsup2

I've stayed in both a couple of times each.......and believe me, they are very different. The GF suite definitely is more "elegant", but to me it also seemed a bit cold. LOVED the shower in the Contemp master bath!
In my humble opinion, the greatest suite on-property is the Steeplechase Suite @ BWI. AMAZING........especially that 100' balcony! Yes, you read it right! lol

I've stayed in both a couple of times each.......and believe me, they are very different. The GF suite definitely is more "elegant", but to me it also seemed a bit cold. LOVED the shower in the Contemp master bath!
In my humble opinion, the greatest suite on-property is the Steeplechase Suite @ BWI. AMAZING........especially that 100' balcony! Yes, you read it right! lol

Holy cow..100' is craaaaaazy high! I'm a bit prone to the GF and Contemp because of the Magic Kingdom views, but looking at pictures, the view from the Steeplechase is very beautiful.
If you would have to choose a suite that felt the most "disney", which would you choose? Are any suites just dripping with magic? :lovestruc

Holy cow..100' is craaaaaazy high! I'm a bit prone to the GF and Contemp because of the Magic Kingdom views, but looking at pictures, the view from the Steeplechase is very beautiful.
If you would have to choose a suite that felt the most "disney", which would you choose? Are any suites just dripping with magic? :lovestruc

I think goofmyster meant 100' across. We have stayed in some suites at WDW but have never had the pleasure of staying in any of the Presidential suites. However, if it were up to us it would either be between the Presidential Suite at the CR or the Steeplechase at BWI. Well at that point when you win the lottery you can stay in all of the Presidential suites at WDW. This way you can decide which one you like the best.:thumbsup2

I think goofmyster meant 100' across. We have stayed in some suites at WDW but have never had the pleasure of staying in any of the Presidential suites. However, if it were up to us it would either be between the Presidential Suite at the CR or the Steeplechase at BWI. Well at that point when you win the lottery you can stay in all of the Presidential suites at WDW. This way you can decide which one you like the best.:thumbsup2

That is correct.......it is 100' long, and about 12'-15' wide (can't remember). I've stayed (multiple times) at GF, CR, BWI, YC presidentials. Yes, the Steeplechase remains my personal favorite. Absolutely amazing suite in every way. The master bath in the GF and BWI suites is about the size of a regular hotel room! And their jacuzzi tubs are big enough for 4-5 people!:thumbsup2

That is correct.......it is 100' long, and about 12'-15' wide (can't remember). I've stayed (multiple times) at GF, CR, BWI, YC presidentials. Yes, the Steeplechase remains my personal favorite. Absolutely amazing suite in every way. The master bath in the GF and BWI suites is about the size of a regular hotel room! And their jacuzzi tubs are big enough for 4-5 people!:thumbsup2

My DH and I were just looking at the pictures on another site and it is absolutely fabulous. We love a big balcony and that's a great size. We were also talking about staying there in 2010 for 4 days as a surprise for our DS12. We were originally planning on staying at the CR CL but after looking at the pictures, it's pretty hard to pass up. I have to see without our DS knowing if he would really like to stay there. He has mentioned it before but then again kids change their minds on a minute to minute basis.:lmao:

The only one I've been in is the King Kamehameha suite at the Polynesian (actually the most expensive room on Disney property most times of the year). Tikiman has some some good pictures HERE. The castle looks further in that one picture than it seems in real life.

I've heard the Arusha suite at AKL is amazing too, but havent seen it personally.

Ahh yes, across is the unit of measure I had meant to type. But anywho, that's as big as a blue whale! I'm still in a rut for which I would stay at first, because I believe that my first visit should be the most magical. That's right, I've never been to Dworld...only Dland.

I recently toured the VP and Pres. Suites at the CR. They have not been updated yet. Their renovation will not happened until all the others have been updated. They still had the old CR style. They were very roomy with great views. You only have a few rooms on that floor, so it would be very private.

I recently toured the VP and Pres. Suites at the CR. They have not been updated yet. Their renovation will not happened until all the others have been updated. They still had the old CR style. They were very roomy with great views. You only have a few rooms on that floor, so it would be very private.
I heard the suites on the 14th floor at the Contemporary did get a renovation, however it was a minor one when you compare it to all their other rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter