• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grand Floridian Cafe?

Trini

Mouseketeer
Has anyone had dinner at this restaurant recently? We are working on our final itinerary and making some changes to our Advance Reservations. The person at Disney Dining recommended the Grand Floridian Cafe. I have not heard anyone talk about it, so I wanted to know what you think of it...

Thanks

Bumping. I'm eating there for lunch, so would also like some reviews.

anyone have any reviews? I have read ONE good one so far, but would love to hear of more people's experiences at the Grand FLoridian cafe.

Thanks

We had a fantastic dinner there a few weeks ago! I have added the GF cafe as a must do for all of my trips now!

We were there in June. We were staying at the Grand Floridian so we tried it and loved it. The chocolate fondue for dessert was awesome!! :Pinkbounc

We have had lunch and dinner there and enjoyed both meals. The restaurant is very pretty and the service good. At lunch, we had burgers and some sort of pasta for dinner. One of the best things are the mini desserts. They are sized so you can can get two!

The tables by the windows have wonderful views of the beautiful grounds.

I have eaten here a number of times and loved it. The food is well prepared and service is excellant. The prices are a smug higher but worth it. Most of the time I have gone for breakfast and have never been disappointed. You will enjoy the surroundings as well.

We love the GF cafe :love: We ate their our first night and I got new york strip steak the waitress forgot to bring a steak knife and I could cut my meat with a butter knife . The potatoes are out of this world. We ate their for both lunch and dinner. Can't go wrong.

We really, really enjoy it!

The dining room is very airy and pretty--especially nice during the day. Service has always been very professional and the food is wonderful! It's always been perfectly cooked and with extra touches that make it really nice.

The one frustrating thing I've experienced there is that they seem to ALWAYS make us wait for a table. We'll have an 11:30 PS and get there 10 minutes early, the restaurant is largely empty, waiters are standing around, but they insist on making us wait at least 10 minutes. I don't know why but it drives me batty!

Some menu items we've really enjoyed have been the spinach and artichoke dip, the veggie burger, the regular burgers, and their special sandwich at lunch that's served open faced with a boursin cheese sauce! Yum!

They also have nice little mini desserts. Perfect when you want something sweet but are pretty full from you meal.

Love it, always good food and great service and the decor is lovely. I just love Victorian.

We stayed at GF and found this restaurant to be very good. It doesn't have a particular theme as the others do, but we have a few good meals there.

Ok to visit after going to the parks in normal park wear? or need to dress business casual?

I have this on my list to make ADR's at. Mostly because I saw many good reviews on this board -was also listed on a thread that listed sort of "hidden jewels" ---great resturaunts that don't get much hype.

We had a great lunch there. Anyone else get served by that funny little gay waiter that looked like manuel from Faulty Towers? He shows you a a photo of his 2 kids, which are dogs. :rotfl:

I was looking at the date, and this thread was started a year ago today. It's weird what I notice.

This came up in my subscribed threads, and I had to wonder to myself, when did I post in a thread about GF Cafe - I've never eaten there? It was because I was supposed to eat there last Dec, and was interested in reviews.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter