Grand Floridian Cafe...hidden gem?

We've had several lunches there and have always enjoyed the "break" from MK!! It is a very relaxing place with very nice service and good food!!

GF Cafe is definitely a hidden gem. An old fashioned resort hotel restaurant with beautiful turn of the century surroundings. We took a break from MK, got on the Monorail and had lunch there. Very easy to do. Lunch was delicious and service was very polished. Another hidden gem at the Grand Floridian is the afternoon tea in the Garden View Tea Room. We took a break from Epcot via Monorail to do that. They have lovely British style service, with small sandwiches, scones, strawberries and cream, etc. and you can order other than tea for your drink.

GF Cafe Menu http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?Restaurant.ID=31
GF Afternoon Tea http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?Restaurant.ID=305

It's a coffee shop in the sense that it's the resort's casual sit-down restaurant: the kind you find in any hotel worldwide. The food is above average though.

The phrase "coffee shop" carries a certain connotation: that the establishment serves coffee above all else. When I hear "coffee shop", I hear an eatery that serves various morning brews and pastries to complement them, or at the very least, a take-out diner. Grand Floridian Cafe does not satisfy either of these descriptions.

Has "hidden gem" status in our family. Been there a couple of times for dinner, and enjoyed hugely. Always quiet, relaxing and peaceful.

I have eaten breakfast and two lunches there. Breakfast was good. Our first lunch left a lot to be desired. We were there at the tail end of lunch on Mother's Day - our first meal during our stay there. The server left us alone for extended periods and the minimal staff that was there was in the process of converting it to dinner.

We have gone back for lunch since and it was wonderful. We had a great server. You get a good meal for a reasonable price.

Definitely a hidden gem! We've been there for one dinner, and we loved it. After a packed day at MK, we had a calm, quiet, and delicious meal. The service was friendly and efficient, and we couldn't have asked for a better way to cool off. We're trying out breakfast on our trip in September.

The food and service we received there was excellent. Their desserts are really good too!

We ate lunch there on our last visit (walk up)

Loved it so much, we went back a few days later!

My Dad is in love with the lobster hamburger. We had a variety of things and it was all good, and it is a nice quiet break from the rush of day at WDW!

Yes, to "Hidden Gem" status. We had a great meal there in May and will definitely return. My husband had a tuna dish that was divine and I had the hamburger with lobster (granted, not Maine lobster), but it was all good nevertheless. The service was top-notch, and the atmosphere is quite lovely, especially if you get a nice window seat towards the back of the restaurant.

I've never really thought about eating at GF cafe before, but these reviews have changed my mind! Looking forward to checking it out in October.

We ate there for the first time a couple months ago on our last trip. We arrived about 20 minutes late due to the fact I didn't realize the bus from HS would make a lot of other stops before going to GF. We were still seated within 5 minutes. It was not crowded at all. We had a very nice server and the food was very good. I had the shrimp penne pasta, my son and mom had the pork chops and my other son the steak and french onion soup. For dessert we went with the sampler so we could taste a bit of everything. Mmmmmmm. My son really wanted to figure out how to take the chocolate mickey back with us, but being 90 degrees and all......... :lmao:

We had dinner later in the evening and hopped over to MK. We ended up at the right time so that we were on the ferry as Wishes started. Our best fireworks view of the trip. It was great.

regards

Sorry to disagree, but I had breakfast once at GF Cafe. I had the citrus pancakes. They probably WOULD have been good . . . had they been cooked. They were raw in the middle. Like, liquid badder running out. This is, imo, unacceptable. I had to make it to MK to opening so I didn't complain, but if I had time I would have.

I've considered going back for lunch to try again. One day.

Yes, I also think it is a "hidden gem", as we have had great lunches and dinners there. Our experiences were that of great food, very good service and nice atmosphere. :goodvibes

I agree, it's definitely a hidden gem, we had a last minute lunch there this past Friday on our departure day while waiting for the Magical Express bus. I had the strawberry salad and the Grand sandwich. Both were delicious and our server, Lori was great! And the key lime pie for dessert was really good.

This is a must do for dinner for us every trip. The pasta with chicken is soo good. So is the dessert sampler. My daughter loves the tiramisu. The appetizers are delicious. Breakfast there is also great! I think this is one of the best restaurants on Disney property. We will be eating there in 10 days! :thumbsup2

We ate there one night after not feeling like going from MK to DTD so we called Disney dining and GFC was available for dinner. What a nice surprise! It was really good and it's such a pretty restaurant. We watched WISHES from the hotel after dinner. It was a great evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter