• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grand Floridian Café

sammielynn

DIS Veteran
Any reviews. We are not fancy eaters, but wanted to check out the Grand Floridian at Christmas. Were able to get the Grand Floridian Café. Wondering if it is a good choice? We are on the DDP.

We loved GFC! It was one of the top meals of our trip. How many places can you get a burger with lobster on it? :woohoo:

We had dessert and coffee there while our girls were doing the Wonderland Tea Party last month. Heavenly!

Great meal there last year. Burger with lbster and asparagus, steak and pasta were all good. Thedesserts were delish as well

Good food, attentive, but laid back service, relaxing atmosphere, and good prices. This is one of the best casual sit down restaurants on property. It's great at any meal time and often easy to get seated even as a walk-up.

I thought it was just average at best. Food was just OK and service was spotty - we requested a non-alcoholic drink and it was made with a ton of booze.

We will not be going back.

We really like the GFC. It's a beautiful restaurant with lot's of windows which look out over the pool and gardens. The food is good, and I don't which meal you are eating there, but if it is a dinner and you want something simple they are happy to make a grilled chicken sandwich or something like that which is not on the menu.

As with every restaurant you will find people who love it or dislike it due to a bad experience, but in general the reviews (and my experience) for the GFC is positive.

We had our first meal here on my last trip and was pleasantly surprised! It was a great way to start our trip!

We love the GFC for breakfast, in fact it is one of DH's favorite breakfasts at Disney. He loves the eggs benedict and DD (10) loved the fritatta when we were there a few weeks ago.

I thought it was a very pretty restaurant. Service was nice. Food only so so. I think we got a bad night. DH actually got very sick. He's allergic to poultry and (even though I flagged it and made sure to mention it at the restaurant) he still was served something with poultry or something was cross-contaminated. It was very disappointing as it never happened before and never happened since.

GFC was our best meal of the trip last summer. The restaurant is just beautiful and the steaks were fantastic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter