Grand Floridian Café

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by sammielynn, Aug 15, 2011.

1. sammielynn

sammielynn DIS Veteran

Any reviews. We are not fancy eaters, but wanted to check out the Grand Floridian at Christmas. Were able to get the Grand Floridian Café. Wondering if it is a good choice? We are on the DDP.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. julie4423

julie4423 Mouseketeer

We loved GFC! It was one of the top meals of our trip. How many places can you get a burger with lobster on it? :woohoo:

4. annacali

annacali DIS Veteran

We had dessert and coffee there while our girls were doing the Wonderland Tea Party last month. Heavenly!

5. Merida

Merida DIS Veteran

We love to go there for breakfast - the french toast is my favorite!

6. lizzyb

lizzyb DIS Veteran

I really enjoyed GFC last time we went.

7. 2forMe

2forMe DIS Veteran

Great meal there last year. Burger with lbster and asparagus, steak and pasta were all good. Thedesserts were delish as well

8. Dream Big Live Grand

Dream Big Live Grand Earning My Ears

We love the GF Cafe. Great meal & great service.

9. Pugmalion1

Pugmalion1 The moldering sanctum of the spirit world

Good food, attentive, but laid back service, relaxing atmosphere, and good prices. This is one of the best casual sit down restaurants on property. It's great at any meal time and often easy to get seated even as a walk-up.

10. Ramsfan28

Ramsfan28 <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

I thought it was just average at best. Food was just OK and service was spotty - we requested a non-alcoholic drink and it was made with a ton of booze.

We will not be going back.

11. Jungle Cruiser

Jungle Cruiser DIS Veteran

We really like the GFC. It's a beautiful restaurant with lot's of windows which look out over the pool and gardens. The food is good, and I don't which meal you are eating there, but if it is a dinner and you want something simple they are happy to make a grilled chicken sandwich or something like that which is not on the menu.

As with every restaurant you will find people who love it or dislike it due to a bad experience, but in general the reviews (and my experience) for the GFC is positive.

12. Muppetfan3

Muppetfan3 Mouseketeer

I give it :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Enjoy!

13. RobinHoodGirl

RobinHoodGirl Which way to Sherwood Forest?

We had our first meal here on my last trip and was pleasantly surprised! It was a great way to start our trip!

14. sammielynn

sammielynn DIS Veteran

15. Jabba20000

Jabba20000 Mouseketeer

We love the GFC for breakfast, in fact it is one of DH's favorite breakfasts at Disney. He loves the eggs benedict and DD (10) loved the fritatta when we were there a few weeks ago.

16. TDluvsDaisy

TDluvsDaisy DVC Member BCV

I thought it was a very pretty restaurant. Service was nice. Food only so so. I think we got a bad night. DH actually got very sick. He's allergic to poultry and (even though I flagged it and made sure to mention it at the restaurant) he still was served something with poultry or something was cross-contaminated. It was very disappointing as it never happened before and never happened since.

17. DisneyHardin

DisneyHardin DIS Veteran

GFC was our best meal of the trip last summer. The restaurant is just beautiful and the steaks were fantastic.