Grand Floridian and Polynesian Villas Avails

explorer06

Mouseketeer
Except for garden view studios at the Polynesian, I am unable to find any availabilities at the above deluxe villa resorts on Disney's web site. I've looked at many dates between October and March of next year. Even called and still no luck. Are they really booked solid or available but reserved for DVC members? I would really like to score a bungalow!

DVC Villas are "owned" by DVC members not Disney reservations. Two separate inventories are maintained and are not interchangeable. Disney retains a small %age (about 2%) of total villas in their inventory. So what is available to book through Disney, at any time is a maximum of 2% of the rooms. October through January is the highest DVC usage season
So yes, they are very likely sold out through Disney direct.

Since the ownerships in Polynesian Villas haven't been sold out yet, Disney still owns a much bigger chunk of the inventory. There are only 20 bungalows, and the last I heard, only 10 of them had been declared into member inventory. That means at any time, no more than 10 would be available for cash bookings.

So yes, I could certainly believe that those 10 would be booked solid between October and March.

Thank you both. A couple of follow ups if I may:

1) If owners don't occupy units that are owned, do they go back into the cash inventory exceeding the 2%?
2) Is there a way to rent directly from owners?

Thank you both. A couple of follow ups if I may:

1) If owners don't occupy units that are owned, do they go back into the cash inventory exceeding the 2%?
2) Is there a way to rent directly from owners?
At 60 days out, any unbooked points inventory is turned over to Disney Reservation Center to sell. But it may be called back by Member Services if a member wants to book a points stay.
Check out the Rent/Trade Board to rent directly from an owner. But it takes a whole lot of points to book a bungalow for more than a day or two. Not many members have that many points.

1. Yes but only within 60 days of checkin

2. Yes either directly (using the rent/trade DVC forum) or through a broker like David's but the point requirements are extremely high for the bungalows so you may have trouble finding someone to rent from that has that many points avail for rent.
Just took a look at DVC member avail if you can find someone to rent from that has that many points avail (almost 1000 for a week) feb and March lool like a good possibility.
Edited to add just saw the prev post that posted while I was typing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter