Grand Cayman time zone and tender

FeliTomy2014

Earning My Ears
We will take our first cruise ever in 4 weeks the Disney Fantasy.
I have some doubts regarding Grand Cayman as I understand it is a tender port.
Cayman is on Central Time?, the time that I see in the itinerary Disney Cruise sent me, states: arriving at 10:30 and leaving at 17:30, this is Cayman time?

Another question, what time is the last tender if the itinerary say from 10:30 to 17:30? I'm thinking of taking a private tour with Fat Fish from 01:00 to 03:30, do you think I have enough time to be back on time at the ship?

thanks for your help

We will take our first cruise ever in 4 weeks the Disney Fantasy.
I have some doubts regarding Grand Cayman as I understand it is a tender port.
Cayman is on Central Time?, the time that I see in the itinerary Disney Cruise sent me, states: arriving at 10:30 and leaving at 17:30, this is Cayman time?

Another question, what time is the last tender if the itinerary say from 10:30 to 17:30? I'm thinking of taking a private tour with Fat Fish from 01:00 to 03:30, do you think I have enough time to be back on time at the ship?

thanks for your help

Yes that is local time there. The Fantasy will adjust ship time to local time, the port times are the tender times the last tender is exactly at 17.30 They say do not leave it too late as the last tenders may be full.

For your plans that should work.

Just assuming you will be sailing the Fantasy's itinerary C (Port Canaveral-Sea-Cozumel-Grand Cayman-Falmouth-Sea-Castaway Cay-Port Canaveral) you can find the navigators of this cruise here:
http://disneycruiselineblog.com/201...-cruise-itinerary-c-falmouth-june-21-27-2014/

It includes a scan of the Tendering information letter at Grand Cayman. This should answer all your questions.

As a rule the Ship is always on local port time. As in your itinerary at the end of day 2 (at Sea) you will switch an hour to central time and the end of day 5 (Falmouth) you will switch back to Eastern time.

Thanks you both for your response!!
We will be doing Fantasy C itinerary so thanks so much for the navigators!
I checked the information on the navigators you attached, and its stated last tender at 17:30pm so if my tours finish at 15:30 we will have fine!

Thanks again! I will now confirm my tour!! Only hope the tour company is reliable I checked on TA and the reviews are good, the company name is Fat Fish, we will be doing the jet ski tour, so excited!

actually Cayman is eastern time zone

BUT does not observe daylight savings time so at this time of the year they match US central . . .

and no need to worry in the end - the tour guys know when the ship leaves and it is bad advertising if they don't get you back in time!

and no need to worry in the end - the tour guys know when the ship leaves and it is bad advertising if they don't get you back in time!

Yep!

For the sake of your mind, look at the Navigator on your sailing on that day and see what timezone you're supposed to be in. That way you know specifically, and not just in general.

We did it on our first cruise. Its just part of the deal you will be fine, got some great shots of the Magic from tender boat. We did DCL tour and our group was one of the last ones back. They had hot towels waiting for us. There was 5 other ships in port that day they did not have hot towel waiting for them. :cheer2:

We did it on our first cruise. Its just part of the deal you will be fine, got some great shots of the Magic from tender boat. We did DCL tour and our group was one of the last ones back. They had hot towels waiting for us. There was 5 other ships in port that day they did not have hot towel waiting for them. :cheer2:

How do you know the other ships didn't have hot towels waiting?

We recently were in Grand Cayman on a Holland America ship. We had towels when we got to the ship.

But, I agree that from the tender is a great way to get good shot of your ship.

How do you know the other ships didn't have hot towels waiting?

We recently were in Grand Cayman on a Holland America ship. We had towels when we got to the ship.

But, I agree that from the tender is a great way to get good shot of your ship.

All ships at GC use the same tender dock, DCL sets up a drink station for juice and water and a hot towel service on the tender dock, I agree with the PP when I have been there circa five times with other ships in, the other ships didn't have a towel service at the tender dock, you would see it.

Thanks everyone for your reponses, so you think I will be ok if take a 2.5 hours tour at 01:00pm? thanks!

Thanks DisneyFantasy, the time apprears everywhere as arrival 10:30 departure 17:30, I was not sure if it was local time, but as you confirmed, I will then book the tour, thanks again for all your help!

Thanks DisneyFantasy, the time apprears everywhere as arrival 10:30 departure 17:30, I was not sure if it was local time, but as you confirmed, I will then book the tour, thanks again for all your help!

Having been there so many times in DCL I can assure you it's local time, the ship switches time en route.

Thanks again DisneyFantasy!!!

One last question, what time do you think we will be off the ship?

We would like to see 7 miles beach, but as I mentioned the tour is from 01 to 03:30, do you think we can go before the tour at least 1 hour to the beach if the ship arrives at 10:30am?

I found another supplier for the jet ski tour which tours start at 12:30 (also last 2.5 hours) maybe visit the beach after the tour in this case if the ship leaves at 17:30?

Sorry for bothering you! it's our first cruise ever!

Thanks again DisneyFantasy!!!

One last question, what time do you think we will be off the ship?

We would like to see 7 miles beach, but as I mentioned the tour is from 01 to 03:30, do you think we can go before the tour at least 1 hour to the beach if the ship arrives at 10:30am?

I found another supplier for the jet ski tour which tours start at 12:30 (also last 2.5 hours) maybe visit the beach after the tour in this case if the ship leaves at 17:30?

Sorry for bothering you! it's our first cruise ever!

Last time I was on the Fantasy we had your port times, we pulled up slightly early with tenders starting at 11.15am. But they did prioritise the DCL tours, you need to get a tender ticket on the ship to get off without a DCL Tour.

Thanks! Disney Fantasy, perhaps visiting 7 miles beach after the tour is a good option, I understand 7 mile beach is 10 minutes taxi from the port terminal, am I right?

Thanks! Disney Fantasy, perhaps visiting 7 miles beach after the tour is a good option, I understand 7 mile beach is 10 minutes taxi from the port terminal, am I right?

Yes, seven mile beach is so named as it is long, to the closest point it would be ten minutes, its a nice beach and you can see the ship in the bay there.

DisneyFantasy, I don't know if I'm doing right asking you this here, if I'not just let me know.

I have read there's a preferred restaurant rotation you can ask.
We would like to skip 1 night the restaurants and have dinner at Cabanas enjoying the pool at night but we don't want to miss the show at the AP (the one when you draw something) do you know when is this show at the 7 night cruise for the Fantasy?
Another question we are travelling with kids, do you suggest to have dinner in one specific restaurant on Pirate night?

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to say that I was really impressed with how well tendering goes on DCL. It hasn't been as smooth as other cruise lines we have done. Plus, if you do a DCL excursion, you actually meet on the ship, instead of the dock, which I think helps with the tender timing and priority.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter