Grand Cayman port adventure questions

sacarmic

Earning My Ears
Has any one done the Catamaran, Reef and Kittiwake Snorkel Sail (G36) or Stingray Sandbar and Snorkel Trip (G76) excursions in Grand Cayman? Trying to decide between the two. Any opinions appreciated.

Thanks

We have done the Catamaran, Reef, and Kittiwake twice. We were going to do it for a third time for our cruise summer 2020. We have really enjoyed. You get a lot of snorkeling at good locations. It's some of the best snorkeling we have done, including other parts of the Caribbean and Hawaii. Haven't done the stingray stuff.

Has any one done the Catamaran, Reef and Kittiwake Snorkel Sail (G36) or Stingray Sandbar and Snorkel Trip (G76) excursions in Grand Cayman? Trying to decide between the two. Any opinions appreciated.

Thanks
We've done G76 and later did G15 (Shipwreck and Reef Snorkeling)

G76 was our first and it's deep water snorkeling with fully mature stingrays coming out. You're out on the reef wall and can do full on free diving if you're so inclined. The water was stupendously clear and hooked our whole family on snorkeling. We used their gear for that PA, but shortly thereafter got our own.

There was A LOT more to see on G15. Huge reef, big shipwreck, TONS of sea life all just south of the anchorage. Both were fantastic and I'd be hard pressed to pick between the two if I had to only do one.

We've done G76 and later did G15 (Shipwreck and Reef Snorkeling)

G76 was our first and it's deep water snorkeling with fully mature stingrays coming out. You're out on the reef wall and can do full on free diving if you're so inclined. The water was stupendously clear and hooked our whole family on snorkeling. We used their gear for that PA, but shortly thereafter got our own.

There was A LOT more to see on G15. Huge reef, big shipwreck, TONS of sea life all just south of the anchorage. Both were fantastic and I'd be hard pressed to pick between the two if I had to only do one.
What did you do for transportation to the G15 excursion? I noticed the G76 says it includes a 15-minute bus ride. Which one would you recommend for me since I have never been snorkeling before? Thanks!

My daughters recently did the Catamaran, Reef and Kittiwake Snorkel Sail (G36) and loved it

What did you do for transportation to the G15 excursion? I noticed the G76 says it includes a 15-minute bus ride. Which one would you recommend for me since I have never been snorkeling before? Thanks!
For G15, we assembled on the pier after the tender ride, walked a block or so down the wharf to a small dock and got on the boat. The reef is, literally, right there off of Georgetown. It's the reason the ships all have to anchor out.

If you're a decent swimmer, both are fine. For the G15, there's much more to see - tons of aquatic life, an enormous reef, the sunken ship and so on. The G76 had the 'shock and awe' of these enormous and beautiful stingrays.

For a first timer, I'd recommend the G15. Tons to see. TBH, I'm jealous, I wish I was there. Our last Western, GC wasn't open due to COVID so we missed our snorkeling there.

For G15, we assembled on the pier after the tender ride, walked a block or so down the wharf to a small dock and got on the boat. The reef is, literally, right there off of Georgetown. It's the reason the ships all have to anchor out.

If you're a decent swimmer, both are fine. For the G15, there's much more to see - tons of aquatic life, an enormous reef, the sunken ship and so on. The G76 had the 'shock and awe' of these enormous and beautiful stingrays.

For a first timer, I'd recommend the G15. Tons to see. TBH, I'm jealous, I wish I was there. Our last Western, GC wasn't open due to COVID so we missed our snorkeling there.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Keeping our fingers crossed for our November sailing that we get to all the ports. On our last cruise, weather stopped us from going to Key West so we went to Castaway Cay instead and then for our scheduled Castaway Cay Day the winds wouldn't allow him to dock...so we had a Day at Sea. I understand your disappointment for missing a favorite port/activity.

Thanks again for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter