• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grand Cayman Island Tour

Barling

Earning My Ears
Can anyone give me more details on the Grand Cayman Island Tour? We would like to do a tour but don't want to spend too much time just sitting on a bus. I know this tour stops at Hell and the Turtle farm but other than that is it pretty much just time spent on a bus? Thanks

We did it privately thru Captain Marvin. Yes, it is time on a bus. We stopped at 7 Mile Beach briefly for photos, Hell, turtle farm, and a rum place. We drove by other places with narration. Out of the 2 1/2 -3 hour tour, we were driving around a bit over an hour. 45 minutes at turtle farm, 20 (?) minutes at Hell, 10 at beach, 20 at rum store place.....roughly. I didn't clock it.

We did this tour combined with Stingray City. It was nice to tour the island and the stop at the Turtle Farm was kind of cool, but Stingray City made the tour worth while. Not sure I'd recommend just the tour. Stingray City was a blast and I can't recommend it enough.

We took this tour through DCL last May. There is a summary of our excursion in an on-line Mediafire folder through the '05/2012' link in my signature. Click on the 'Excursions 20120B.pdf' file. I enjoyed the tour, but probably wouldn't do it again. Have a great vacation! :goodvibes

We did this on our last cruise, booked through DCL. It was ok, we enjoyed it because we had never been before, but I wouldn't do it again either. You spend the majority of your time at the turtle farm (little tour and then some free time to just walk around and grab a snack).

I will say that I thought it was a fairly decent value though... If you've never been to Grand Cayman and want a quick tour combined with some time at the turtle farm... I would say this is a good option.

Thanks for the information. I was also curious about the grand cayman island tour. I've booked my family on it since my son said he's scared of stingrays.

Where do they drop you off? Back at the port? Was there enough time to do other stuff - like go to the beach, go shopping, or go to Georgetown? I've been told that conch fritters is a must eat on Grand Cayman.

Thanks for the information. I was also curious about the grand cayman island tour. I've booked my family on it since my son said he's scared of stingrays.

Where do they drop you off? Back at the port? Was there enough time to do other stuff - like go to the beach, go shopping, or go to Georgetown? I've been told that conch fritters is a must eat on Grand Cayman.

We did this tour through Carnival. They pick you up and drop you off at the port. Our favorite stop was the turtle farm. They grow them and serve them there :) We got some turtle burgers which was new, different and kind of creepy since you go from holding the cute little turtles to eating them :goodvibes

I thought you were joking about eating turtles. But after doing more research... that is very creepy. I should have realized since this is a "turtle farm". What did the turtle burgers taste like? chicken? :P

maybe i'll skip the burger and go for yertle the turtle soup if they have.

I thought you were joking about eating turtles. But after doing more research... that is very creepy. I should have realized since this is a "turtle farm". What did the turtle burgers taste like? chicken? :P

maybe i'll skip the burger and go for yertle the turtle soup if they have.

I don't think it tasted like chicken. I would say more like a regular beef burger but the meat is very chewy and rubbery. We just had to try it for experience. It wasn't bad. If we were to end up at the turtle farm again I would probably get the turtle burger :thumbsup2

http://www.turtle.ky/dining

Prepared by our staff of experienced chefs, local selections include conch fritters and marinated conch appetizers, alongside shrimp, calamari, burgers and chicken favourites.

Because the Cayman Turtle Farm is dedicated to both conservation and carefully calibrated commercial sales of traditional food products, Schooners also offers a modest selection of turtle dishes for those interested in exploring the islands culinary background.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter