Grand Cayman excursions?

psimon

Will travel for turkey legs!
Looking for some talk about the excursions offered in Grand Cayman. Not completely thrilled with the Disney offerings, but sort of afraid to venture out on my own. I figure Disney has some responsibility of one of their "sanctioned" excursions has a problem, but if you do your own thing, you are on your own.

So... what are those of you going to Grand Cayman doing with your day there?

Thanks....

---Paul in Southern NJ
(getting close to that 90 day booking window!)

GC is quite safe, so I wouldn't worry about adventuring out on your own. Is this for adults or adults and kids?

GC is quite safe, so I wouldn't worry about adventuring out on your own. Is this for adults or adults and kids?

Our crew:

Us (the parents)
DD (25)
DS & DD (17, turning 18 while at Castaway Cay last day)

No one is thrilled with getting wet (until we get to Castaway Cay :lmao:) so we aren't really looking for a beach or things like that.

Would like to see the island sites and do some shopping.

Thanks for all help...

---Paul in Southern NJ

How about the island tour and stingrays? Yes, you will have to go in the water for the stingrays but is such an awesome experience. It would be worth it to get a little wet.

We've been there over the past two spring breaks, and did our own things both times.

About a month ago we took a bus / cab from the pier to Royal Palms for a relaxing beach day. If I remember correctly the cost was $4 per person each way for the bus / cab, $2 pp for entry to Royal Palms, and $7 for a beach chair rental. Overall a cheap day, and Royal Palms was great. They have a restaurant and bar, neither of which we used, but I've read the food is good (but expensive).

Two years ago we booked a wave runner Stingray City tour, and it was a blast. We had three wave runners between the four of us (my DS and I shared), and we had a guide take us and about 6 other wave runners in our group to Stingray City and then Rum Point Beach. We booked through Island Marketing (Google Island Marketing Grand Cayman) after reading many positive reviews.

Both were great times, just depends what you think you'll be in the mood for. If you have any questions let me know!

Last year we hooked up with a private charter of a boat... It was absolutely fantastic. We are a family of five.... The captain of the boat took us to Sting Ray Island which was great then he took us to a snorkeling spot where my 3 kids had a ball and then we went to Starfish beach. What made it so great was that this guy made it very personal , he actually jumped in the water and was bringing stingrays over to us. I got a ton of pictures. People from the big charter boats were coming over to us cause our captain was doing such a great job... The whole thing cost us about 400.00 and that included everything Transportation, snacks, and drinks... Great time

I recommend "Discover Native Cayman & the Saltwater Forest". You get to see some different areas of Grand Cayman, and the mangrove "saltwater forest" is really fascinating. You get on a barge, and sail out to where the mangroves are, and you'll have a biologist onboard to show you and explain the very unique ecosystem there. I really enjoyed it, and everyone else on the trip seemed to, also!

Sayhello

Last year we hooked up with a private charter of a boat... It was absolutely fantastic. We are a family of five.... The captain of the boat took us to Sting Ray Island which was great then he took us to a snorkeling spot where my 3 kids had a ball and then we went to Starfish beach. What made it so great was that this guy made it very personal , he actually jumped in the water and was bringing stingrays over to us. I got a ton of pictures. People from the big charter boats were coming over to us cause our captain was doing such a great job... The whole thing cost us about 400.00 and that included everything Transportation, snacks, and drinks... Great time

Can you provide the name of the company? I am looking to go to these same places and this pricing sounds perfect for my family.

that sounds fantastic! What is the name of the company you used? Our group of 7 would love that.

Looking for some talk about the excursions offered in Grand Cayman. Not completely thrilled with the Disney offerings, but sort of afraid to venture out on my own. I figure Disney has some responsibility of one of their "sanctioned" excursions has a problem, but if you do your own thing, you are on your own. So... what are those of you going to Grand Cayman doing with your day there? Thanks.... ---Paul in Southern NJ (getting close to that 90 day booking window!)

Thanks for posting this question! Are you on the Easter sailing? We are from Burlington County! I have been trying to find something that won't cost the earth for the four of us to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter