Grand Cayman Disney Excursion Advice

sfgarb

Earning My Ears
I would like to take one of the DCL excursions at Grand Cayman. Does anyone have a recommendation on their favorite ones?

While not a DCL excursion, Captain Marvin's 2.5 hour snorkeling and Stingray City tour is fabulous.....Cpt Marvin's is a very well run company, and IMO a much better value than the comparable DCL excursion.....

www.captainmarvins.com

We just did the turtle tour/stingray excursion on the Magic last Tuesday. We booked it through Disney. My 12 year old and 7 year old daughters liked the turtle part, but were a bit intimidated by the stingrays. They are much bigger than what you anticipate them to be, and they do brush up against your legs. My kids didn't care for it, and stayed in the water about 15 minutes out of the 45 we were there.

We just got back from the 2-25 Magic. We decided to book with Disney because we had never been to Grand Cayman before and did not want to have too much responsibilty.

We booked the stingray and rum point beach excursion. It was too windy and waves were over 6 feet, so the stingray portion was cancelled. We were refunded and spent the day at Rum point.

AFter a 15 minute bus ride, then a 45 minute boat ride we got to Rum point. It was nice. Drinks are outrageous. The water was warm. What I did not like is that we did not get back to the pier until 350 when the last tender left at 5. You go to Rum point on a boat and you leave when it leaves. We made it back, but had little opportunity to shop or walk around. I was hoping to stop in to Senor Frogs for just one drink.

If you want to go the beach I hear that 7 mile beach is just as nice and much closer. I would not go to Rum Point again, too much travel time to get there.

We went on the Captain Marvin's Stingray City tour with a group of DISers on our last cruise. We had a blast and the Captain Marvin's crew was very professional. I think that we got a better value for our dollar from Capt. Marvin than we did from DCL on other excursions. I highly recommend Capt. Marvin.

I dont book any excursions through disney...overpriced and WAY overcrowded.....we used Capt. Marvins and loved them!! We did the one where tehre were 2 snokrking stops and then the stingray stop. My then 4 year old loved the stingrays, she was out in the water with them every minute we were there and she also loved the "snorkling" She couldn't get the hang of using the snorkle but she put on the mask and would stick her head in the water to look at the fish...she even caught on the back of a sea turtle that started swimming away with her holding on LOL!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter