Grand Californian

Oh, that brings up another question, if anyone knows.
When do you have access to the club on check-in day? Do we have to wait until the room is ready, or can we grab a cup of coffee in the morning after we do our early check-in?

Whenever you get there. We usually get in pretty early (6am), check-in and have a quick breakfast in the Club, and then head to the parks. Have fun!

Someone said yesterday they added it for $400 a night. Normally it is $500 at the Grand. Has the club level opened at PPH?
I called about this yesterday, as we booked a 2BR suite at the GCH for 3 nights in September, and the CM quoted me $300 per night. I wonder if the rate depends on the room category you've booked???

I just read about two-person “pods” you can rent at the GCH pool. They are apparently some form of couch. Does anyone have any photos or information about them? They sound like they might be a nice low-key (and presumably lower cost) alternative to renting a cabana.

That will be a great rate.
Are you sure the price was correct for 2 bedroom suite / 3 nights. ?
If you are averaging a quote of $300 when it is really $900 and it is a per night price , could be 3x900 instead of $300 x 3 plus tax and resort fees.
I hope you got a confirm# that included that price for 5 adults cause normally extra fees for occupancy of more than 2 adults unless it is DVC .

If you are averaging a quote of $300 when it is really $900 and it is a per night price , could be 3x900 instead of $300 x 3 plus tax and resort fees.
I hope you got a confirm# that included that price for 5 adults cause normally extra fees for occupancy of more than 2 adults unless it is DVC .
In our experience, Club level has been per room, not per person. So it’s cost us as much to add it to a suite for 11 of us as it did for a room of 4. It actually is more cost effective to add it to a full occupancy suite.

To be honest, who knows? As I'm guessing many of us have experienced before, sometimes CMs give out wrong information, unfortunately. I have already booked the room, at a rate of $4,907.87 total (including all taxes and fees) for the 3 nights, and he was looking at my reservation (which lists out all 5 adults staying in the room) when he quoted me the $300 additional per night to add on CL (per room, not per person, as @DisneyJamieCA said). He also cautioned me that you could only add it on at check-in, and whether we would be able to depended upon their actual occupancy rate for the dates we were there. So it's a risk, and we debated whether to keep the suite or rebook individual CL rooms for our two families (mine and my sister's). But we decided that since we weren't even sure what CL offerings would be in September, or whether the price would feel "worth it" to us (based on what they were offering at the time), we decided to keep the suite, take the risk, and continue to read reviews of the CL offerings between now and then. We have LOVED the CL service and offerings at GCH in the past, but that was pre-Covid...so we aren't sure if we'd be disappointed with anything less than that.

One question though...do they really add on resort fees to the CL add-on price??? I mean, I'll already be paying resort fees on the room rate (the $4900 and change). Taxes I can understand...but a resort fee on top of the CL fee too? Anyone know??

I have already booked the room, at a rate of $4,907.87 total (including all taxes and fees) for the 3 nights, and he was looking at my reservation (which lists out all 5 adults staying in the room) when he quoted me the $300 additional per night to add on CL (per room, not per person, as @DisneyJamieCA said).
Double check your reservation for peace of mind. That rate is really low for the Grand (unless you got maybe a military rate or other special rate.). At $1635 a night with taxes and fees, that is less than the normal rate of a 1 bedroom suite by about $300 a night.

Or maybe that is the balance after paying the first night? (Sounds closer.)

Double check your reservation for peace of mind. That rate is really low for the Grand (unless you got maybe a military rate or other special rate.). At $1635 a night with taxes and fees, that is less than the normal rate of a 1 bedroom suite by about $300 a night.

Or maybe that is the balance after paying the first night? (Sounds closer.)
I checked my email confirmation when I wrote my last post, and the $4,907.87 is the total price, including taxes, and I will owe $3066.58 at check in (since my deposit is already paid). It is a special rate that's still available to anyone on the Disneyland.com site right now, and my dates are 9/5-9/8 (the rate is available 6/5-10/7, and must be booked by 9/16). The rate per night, as per my confirmation email, is $1573.75 for Sunday night, and $1310.50 each for Monday and Tuesday nights, for a pre-tax total of $4194.75. I believe I read somewhere that that's about 25% off the rack rate, but I didn't calculate it out myself because it doesn't actually show the rack rate on the reservations page. My sister's husband is retired military, so we are hoping to perhaps get a military rate at some point if Disney decides to release them. In the past, we've been able to get 40% off rack rate with his military discount. However, we're fine with paying this rate if the military discounts don't end up being offered. :)

The advertised rate for the 1BR suite for those same dates averages $1210.75/nt, and the 3BR suite averages $1639.75/nt. I guess we got lucky and were able to book a good deal! :)

I checked my email confirmation when I wrote my last post, and the $4,907.87 is the total price, including taxes, and I will owe $3066.58 at check in (since my deposit is already paid). It is a special rate that's still available to anyone on the Disneyland.com site right now, and my dates are 9/5-9/8 (the rate is available 6/5-10/7, and must be booked by 9/16). The rate per night, as per my confirmation email, is $1573.75 for Sunday night, and $1310.50 each for Monday and Tuesday nights, for a pre-tax total of $4194.75. I believe I read somewhere that that's about 25% off the rack rate, but I didn't calculate it out myself because it doesn't actually show the rack rate on the reservations page. My sister's husband is retired military, so we are hoping to perhaps get a military rate at some point if Disney decides to release them. In the past, we've been able to get 40% off rack rate with his military discount. However, we're fine with paying this rate if the military discounts don't end up being offered. :)

The advertised rate for the 1BR suite for those same dates averages $1210.75/nt, and the 3BR suite averages $1639.75/nt. I guess we got lucky and were able to book a good deal! :)

Super fantastic rate! :D

I just read about two-person “pods” you can rent at the GCH pool. They are apparently some form of couch. Does anyone have any photos or information about them? They sound like they might be a nice low-key (and presumably lower cost) alternative to renting a cabana.

I don’t have a picture, but they are like round day beds. I saw them when I was there a few weeks ago.

I know that they are not using the full resort, but has anyone been assigned a King room with the pull out chair and the day bed since reopening? We love that room type so our teens don’t have to share a bed, but I know they didn’t have many of them pre-COVID.

We just stayed in one for the last three nights, but we had to ask for it. We also beat the check-in rush which may have helped.

Oh shoot, we were just there and we didn't take a picture...they're like those very large circle loveseat you see in furniture stores sometimes. You can comfortably seat two people on them. They usually have an umbrella over them for shade and a small basket already stocked with towels on a little table next to them. Sorry, I can't be more of a help! Also, I think they were $70 for half a day and $90 for a full day, somewhere in that ballpark!

For those looking to use the pools - we were this week and were able to snag a cabana for our pool day! It was fantastic. I think, by 2 or 3, there was a waitlist for chairs 27 people deep! People were not happy.

For those who care considering a cabana, we enjoyed the convenience! We arrived at 10 and left at 6. I have two teens and an 11 year old. The kids alternated between swimming, watching movies, and reading and more swimming. We had lunch and dinner out at the pool. Having a dedicated server was GREAT as the pool was BUSY! My daughter made it her mission to save bees from drowning, too, lol! I'm happy to answer any questions!

For what it’s worth, 8 of us are staying in a 3-bedroom suite in August and we were quoted $305 per night to add concierge. I also thought that was a pretty good rate and I wish there was a way to lock that in rather than waiting to check-in!
I get that, they've sold out several times and you couldn't add.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter