Grand Californian - What am I missing?

I don't think the room alone is what justifies the price, but if I pay for a premium hotel, I expect the room to be nice as well as the lobby. I've stayed in some very fine hotels, and if the room looks like a room at the Holiday Inn, it doesn't matter how nice the lobby is.
I was just there and I have to say the mattresses pretty much justify the price! More comfy than the Dux I have at home!

We love staying at GC! That is our preferred hotel on site (who wouldn't want it) but sometimes price does factor into which hotel we select. Like above posters have mentioned... there are many pros and cons to each hotel, depending on location, convenience, comfort and price. Everyone is right in their opinions as it should fit their needs.

Having stayed at all three, and depending on times of the year, we try to stay at gc esp. during the holidays... even one time the price was so outrageous we ended up doing a split stay. (though Covid has beaten that and it was still worth it :-)!!!) We stayed at pp for two nights then follow up with gc for the last few. We were able to drop off our luggage at the bell desk at pp before heading to the parks and the luggage was moved over to our rooms at gc when they were ready. (similar to how it's done at wdw). Definitely better to end it on a high note at gc then with pp if you go that route.. the only inconvenience was having to repack but we use packing cubes so that made it much easier.
The split stay definitely made the cost of the rooms more palatable if you're at a price point that you cannot justify spending the whole time there.

Either way, staying at GC is amazing, and definitely worth a try if you have a fleeting idea about doing it. Regardless where you choose onsite, offsite... you're still at DL/DCA... and there's no other place I'd rather be than the happiest place on earth. Have an amazing time.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter