Grand Californian Theme Park View

explorer06

Mouseketeer
Hey all. Booked this category for an upcoming stay. How can one ensure it features a walk-in shower instead of a tub? Ditto with two queens beds? Thanks I’m advance for tips.

Hey all. Booked this category for an upcoming stay. How can one ensure it features a walk-in shower instead of a tub? Ditto with two queens beds? Thanks I’m advance for tips.

I believe all the GCH rooms now have showers after the remodel. Not sure about Suites and VGC but regular rooms have walk in showers.

DLR does not guarantee bedding types but you can put in a request for 2 queens. Some say the earlier you check in the better the chances of getting your preferred room type as well but I think it can still be variable. How many people are in your party and are they all on the reservation?

As an FYI, there have been several posts lately where people were disappointed with theme park view at the Grand. There aren’t a lot of rooms with what most people consider really good theme park views- many have just limited park views especially with how the trees have grown.

...Booked this category for an upcoming stay. How can one ensure it features a walk-in shower instead of a tub? Ditto with two queens beds? ...
View type should not matter.
Most rooms now have a walk-in shower, although there are a few rooms with tubs.
Most rooms have two queen beds.
Rooms with tubs or a king bed are rare, likely only 10% of each type (no official numbers have been published)

I didn’t think GCH had a dedicated “Theme Park View” booking class. Isn’t it Premium View, which could be theme park or pools? Or am I totally wrong?

I didn’t think GCH had a dedicated “Theme Park View” booking class. Isn’t it Premium View, which could be theme park or pools? Or am I totally wrong?

This is correct, at least when you book through Disney. It is a premium view which could be views of the park or the pool area. The 3 times I have had it, once was an amazing view of Paradise Pier (now called Pixar Pier), once was overlooking the pool area but you could see Grizzly if we leaned over and looked left, and the last time was overlooking the Pier but a floor or two lower than the last time so it was mostly trees and if you looked left you could see a little bit of the park.

Personally I thought I would hate the pool view but it turned out to be my favorite. I loved the night sounds sitting out on the deck after getting back from the parks. It was really lovely.

They have a premium view which can be pool or park and a premium theme park view.

FYI: GCH no longer offers the "Premium Theme Park View" room. Now it is called "Premium View - Views of Pool or Theme Park".

You are correct. My mistake. Reservation page on site says ‘Premium view (view pool or theme park)’ but my confirmation email says ‘Premium park view’. That’s what got me confused.

This is correct, at least when you book through Disney. It is a premium view which could be views of the park or the pool area. The 3 times I have had it, once was an amazing view of Paradise Pier (now called Pixar Pier), once was overlooking the pool area but you could see Grizzly if we leaned over and looked left, and the last time was overlooking the Pier but a floor or two lower than the last time so it was mostly trees and if you looked left you could see a little bit of the park.

Personally I thought I would hate the pool view but it turned out to be my favorite. I loved the night sounds sitting out on the deck after getting back from the parks. It was really lovely.
I booked a premium park view for this July thru disney this past September, the end of March the confirmation email stated premium pool view. I spent an hour on the phone with them on how i booked the room (over the phone) and the view we wanted, ended up paying an extra hundred for a premium park view. The reservation confirmation now stated premium park view. So they do have that category. Personally I think changed it to get more money this summer because of SWGE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter