Grand Californian Super Thread

We were all exhausted and it was in the middle of the night so we didn't even think about calling down to guest services. We talked to a CM over there the next morning and she said they'll sometimes play music for CMs working overnight in CA.
OMG like they don't have enough staffing problems - a 'perk' is listening to the same song on repeat for 4 hours?? i'd quit my job one hour in. 😂

OMG like they don't have enough staffing problems - a 'perk' is listening to the same song on repeat for 4 hours?? i'd quit my job one hour in. 😂
Right??? I have no idea what the deal was. Why Billie Jean? Why on a loop? Who chose it? A rogue employee??? So many questions, not enough answers!

It's become a running joke in our family. We'll add it to random playlists when someone is driving or around the house and we always bust up laughing.

Last edited:
We also talked to guest services the next morning to ask if it was normal for music to play all night like that or if we should consider moving rooms. She said if we hear it again, to call down to hotel security and they'll handle it and tell them to turn it off. But I feel like hotel security and the parks security are different and they wouldn't necessarily have power to tell CMs in the park to turn it off? Maybe not.

It didn't happen on the other nights we were there, just that first night. We did hear the GRR test announcements over the ride intercom starting right at around 5:00-5:30am each day. We were already very much awake by that time each day anyway, but noises from the park (not just Billie Jean!!! lol) come very easily through the door. Just a consideration for anyone considering Woods view!

Ok, Billie Jean is a classic IMO, but playing it for hours on end would just be torture. Way to ruin a song!

Can anyone tell me what the hairdryer is like in the standard room? Is it one of those mini wall mounted ones or a proper hair dryer? Those mini ones always seem to suck my hair into the back...ha! Just trying to figure out if I need to pack my own. Thanks!

Can anyone tell me what the hairdryer is like in the standard room? Is it one of those mini wall mounted ones or a proper hair dryer? Those mini ones always seem to suck my hair into the back...ha! Just trying to figure out if I need to pack my own. Thanks!

It's not wall mounted but it's super weak. I always bring my own, but I have thick hair and need a super powerful one.

Looking for the best entrance at EE to DCA and confused that there is now a DVC entrance. Is this only accessible to DVC guests? Is it faster than DD entrance to get to WS?

Sounds like Grad Night, which were June 1,3,4,7,8,10,11,17 (2022). I think the party goes until 2:00 AM.
Oooo now I’m a little worried. We are staying in a DVC 1 bedroom and 2/3 of our trip is grad nights. Do the DVC rooms overlook the park? I was hoping for a park view but now second guessing that with 3 small children…

Looking for the best entrance at EE to DCA and confused that there is now a DVC entrance. Is this only accessible to DVC guests? Is it faster than DD entrance to get to WS?
I don't think it's a DVC entrance. It's the entrance for people staying at Pixar/Paradise Pier but it's close enough to the DVC wing that it may be faster for some people vs the traditional GC entrance.

Oooo now I’m a little worried. We are staying in a DVC 1 bedroom and 2/3 of our trip is grad nights. Do the DVC rooms overlook the park? I was hoping for a park view but now second guessing that with 3 small children…
I find the ones that overlook Goofy's Sky School can get noisy but many people love them. You can send an email to Member Services requesting a room/villa overlooking the pool area. There are also some overlooking the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail that might be a bit quieter.

I found that our room overlooking the pool was very noisy. Music played late into the night from the bar beside the pool.

It's not a DVC entrance. It's TECHNICALLY only for Paradise/Pixar Pier guests, but enforcement of that has been nonexistent. They appear to be allowing any Disney resort guests in that way.

Technically
I don't think it's a DVC entrance. It's the entrance for people staying at Pixar/Paradise Pier but it's close enough to the DVC wing that it may be faster for some people vs the traditional GC entrance.
Exactly. Technically it's a PP entrance, but all onsite hotel cards look the same, so DVC is able to use the entrance.

For WS, you maybe better off throughout the VGC or DD/Main entrance; but then again EE on the back is pretty fast from my understanding - just don't know if they'll allow you backtrack to AC from there.

Edit; sorry; inadvertent Bearsplaining over DLgals post. didn't refresh before posting. - funny; used the same 'technically' wording!

Last edited:
Stupid question but, we booked a Woods/Courtyard view but could see parts of Grizzly Airfield, GOTG, Mickey’s Funwheel, so did we get upgraded to what would be considered a theme park view?

7A30FE7F-D709-4CCF-8A46-4D70016DAA33.jpeg

I found that our room overlooking the pool was very noisy. Music played late into the night from the bar beside the pool.
Good to know. I haven't stayed with that view before. The best view I had, imho, was the Redwood Creek one. Even saw the infamous cats among the trees. It was pre-pandemic but fairly quiet and there were birds cheeping and singing well into the night. It did get a tad loud when WOC was on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter