• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grand Californian Super Thread

That VGC self-parking pass is one of my favorite souvenirs from our stay 3 years ago! I still have it on my dash and it hasn't faded at all. pixiedust:

That VGC self-parking pass is one of my favorite souvenirs from our stay 3 years ago! I still have it on my dash and it hasn't faded at all. pixiedust:
I've never received a parking pass, SELF PARKING is printed on the room key.

I've never received a parking pass, SELF PARKING is printed on the room key.
Ours too, but they also printed out a small square with the hotel name, logo, my name, and the dates we were staying to put on the dash (kinda like many hotels do so they know you're a guest at the hotel). I'm sure most people toss it after their trip, but for whatever reason, I love seeing it every time I get in the van. I also have a spoon that accidentally came home with us in our bag of sugar. That's my other favorite "souvenir" from the trip and I use it in my coffee mug, remembering how I sat in front of the living room window each morning drinking coffee, watching the CMs get ready to open the park. :goodvibes

Interesting you saved yours cuz we usually don't save ours BUT our last stay was my birthday and they actually wrote " Happy Birthday " with my name SO I may save THIS one parking pass! :bday: It's funny how they remembered at the drive up gate but did not remember at check in desk when they asked if I was celebrating an occasion. :rolleyes1

Also just in case anyone may be wondering - If you reserve any of the DLR hotels rooms with DVC points your self parking is FREE as well !:teeth::flower3:

With the new room renovations, does anyone know if The Grand will keep bunkbeds in some of the room or will all rooms now have the daybed?

So if you self park when staying on DVC points, there is no cost. This is great info! Thank you!

Anyone have an email address for a manager at the GCH that I am able to use to share some feedback? Thank you so much!

Some details about the refurbishment was recently posted to:
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/hotels/grand-californian-hotel/
Screen Shot 2016-11-23 at 10.54.09 AM.png
Please Pardon Our Pixie Dust

From January 2017 through fall 2017, it is possible that you may see and hear construction as we make improvements to Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa. To minimize any disruptions, activities that may create noise will not start earlier than 9:00 AM.
  • Room refurbishments will occur from January 2017 through fall 2017.
  • The pools and poolside cabanas will be closed for refurbishment from January 2017 to spring 2017. The pools and waterslides at the Disneyland Hotel and Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel will be available for your enjoyment, and poolside cabanas at Disneyland Hotel will be available for reservations.
  • The Great Hall lobby will be refurbished and access will be limited beginning June 2017 through early August 2017. Some Guest rooms will not be available during this time.
  • The Craftsman’s Club concierge lounge will be temporarily relocated from early August 2017 through early October 2017.

To learn more about these refurbishments, please call (714) 956-6425. Guests under age 18 years must have parent or guardian permission to call.

The pool information page has similar details:
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/recreation/grand-californian-hotel/pools-grand-californian-hotel/
Please Pardon Our Pixie Dust
From January 2017 to spring 2017, the pools and poolside cabanas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa will be closed for refurbishment. The pools and waterslides at the Disneyland Hotel and Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel will be available for your enjoyment. Also, reservations for poolside cabanas at Disneyland Hotel will be available.

In addition, from June 2017 through early August 2017, the Great Hall lobby will be refurbished and access will be limited. Some rooms will not be available during this time.

It is possible that from January 2017 through fall 2017 you may see and hear construction. To minimize any disruptions, we will not start activities that may create noise until 9:00 AM.

To learn more about these refurbishments, please call (714) 956-6425. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.

While I understand that renovations and refurbishments have to happen, I just hate that it will be happening during my husband's first visit to GCH and Disneyland. :-( I'm glad that I was able to visit before all this was going on.

I'm with you. We have a trip scheduled for April, and it's my first time to DL at all, and my wife's first time since she was a teenager. We had the GCH scheduled, and moved it to the DLH. It's not worth dealing with the hassle of the construction for our first (and maybe only?) time staying there. Oh well. We'll still visit for Napa Rose dinner on her 40th birthday while we're there!

We are there in April as well. :-) While the lobby will still be intact (from what I've read), all the other construction (and pools being closed) has us thinking about changing hotels. I've heard wonderful things about Napa Rose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter