• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grand Californian Super Thread

I'm a lil confused here. I clicked on your 1 page & 6 page maps & it only shows basicaly 5 studios for DVC per floor. Give or take....Is this the only wing that is DVC or are there other parts of the bldgs. where I might be staying...

The reason I'm asking is I do have a 5 night stay in Feb in a DVC studio and was hoping to get a view of WOC....Judging by what I saw on those maps it looks like 3 out of the 5 will face the park.. Is this true, & are there other bldgs tooo? Thanks in advance...DizDad

Those maps are correct. VGC is very small and has only 23 studios total. Send a request with a list of specific room numbers to increase your chances. You can check out the views here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2906031

Is it possible to get a PPier view if you are not a vacation club member? We paid for a deluxe theme park view, not a concierge room, however. Can we stay on the fifth floor if we are not concierge? We just didn't eat there enough last year to make it worthwhile.

This afternoon I was walking behind a family searching for their room at the Grand. As they made their way though a bend in the hallway one of the kids yelled "IT'S LIKE A MAZE!"

I had to contain my laughter.

Thanks for the info & tip...I'll have to call tomorrow and see if I can get a good room request... The link to the pictures was perfect..It offered some perspective....

just came back.. this is my first pic post on DIS boards hope it works. We had room 5518, great view from up here.
th_IMG_2375_zpsc518d873.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Schweet!!! We where there from September 28- October 5, and then the 6th at the DLH, those villas are unbelievable!! Had a meeting with a DVC representative... I think I'll let the pixie dust clear before making a decision. pixiedust:

We were able to get a 3rd floor view room of Grizzly River, just to the right of the GCH entrance to DCA by paying for a courtyard/woods view. I requested an upper-level, quiet room away from elevators. We were very pleased with our view, and could also see the nightly fireworks from our room too :).

Do you think that this was an upgrade? I just booked a courtyard/woods view room and tried to request this. The CM I spoke with said that all the courtyard/woods view rooms face the courtyard, but that I could always hope for some Disney magic to get another view. Should I call back and speak to another CM?

Well, I'm not certain that it was an upgrade, I didn't ask that question at check-in, but accepted it as some "Disney Magic". The view was blocked somewhat by trees, so, it wasn't a clear view of the park, but we loved it, and were grateful for the experience. :confused3

Well, I'm not certain that it was an upgrade, I didn't ask that question at check-in, but accepted it as some "Disney Magic". The view was blocked somewhat by trees, so, it wasn't a clear view of the park, but we loved it, and were grateful for the experience. :confused3

We've had a view room in that wing of the hotel and loved it, too. I would be happy to be on a lower floor, but still be able to hear the sounds of the park (especially the entrance chime from below)! Maybe I should book a Deluxe View room, just to be sure. The description of it says that it comes with a partial view of the pool, Downtown Disney, or California Adventure. :)

Help needed please!!! We have a "deluxe partial view" room at GCH. What exactly does that mean? Also we are going 12/19 -12/26. Any chance we can/need an upgrade? Thanks for the help!! :-)

Help needed please!!! We have a "deluxe partial view" room at GCH. What exactly does that mean? Also we are going 12/19 -12/26. Any chance we can/need an upgrade? Thanks for the help!! :-)

According to the Disneyland website a deluxe partial is the following:

Lose yourself in the fun and energy of the Downtown Disney® District just outside your window, and relax in the comfort, luxury and meticulous craftsmanship of a remarkable room that elegantly evokes the early 20th Century Arts and Crafts era.

So it sounds like your room would be right above Downtown Disney. I've heard great things from this view, the sights, sounds and smells waft into your room when the balcony door is open. When the door is closed, you can hardly tell you have a vibrant shopping district below you.

As for upgrading, there is always a chance and it never hurts to ask. For your dates, it usually isn't really that busy with the holiday season at a close.

So it sounds like your room would be right above Downtown Disney. I've heard great things from this view, the sights, sounds and smells waft into your room when the balcony door is open. When the door is closed, you can hardly tell you have a vibrant shopping district below you.

If you have any light sleepers in your group, I would recommend staying away from the rooms that overlook Downtown Disney. Music is broadcast/played in DTD throughout the day and late into the evening. Although the sound is muffled when the balcony door is closed, you can still hear it in the room.

However, if noise is not a problem for you, the DTD-facing rooms have the best view of fireworks.

Thank you for the advice & information! I think the view & atmosphere of DTD is worth the noise. My ds is 18, my dd is 13 & my dh can sleep thru anything!!! Can't wait, this is our 1st ever trip during the holidays!!

Thank you for the advice & information! I think the view & atmosphere of DTD is worth the noise. My ds is 18, my dd is 13 & my dh can sleep thru anything!!! Can't wait, this is our 1st ever trip during the holidays!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter