Grand Californian in DisneyLand?

Stevencweber

Earning My Ears
Can a DVC member use points to stay at the Grand Californian in Disneyland California? If so, how many points? What types of rooms are available? Is there a chart on the web for non DVC members that covers Grand Californian's points?

Thanks for your help.

-Steve

We were at the GC Jan 9-18 and had a lovely time. We used points for the entire stay. We booked a DT disney view for 400 points for 10 days and it "cost" 400 points. When were arrived we asked for a concierge upgrade and were able to get it for 100 a night. Well worth the money. You get a park view and free breakfast, soda, water, and milk. If you have children they offer cookies & Milk in the evening with a pj story reading time. Teh one breakfast we bought cost $80 for 4 people so we figure with the savings on drinks and meals we got the upgrade free

Yes, a DVC member can use points to stay at the GC. In fact, although we have never been there before, we are planning on using points to stay there this August.

Is it the best value for your points? No, as many have posted here before, the best use of one's points is when you stay at one of the DVC villas. I am not sure if the points are available on a chart for a non DVC member to look at. However, if you want to pm me, I would be happy to give you specific points for the time of year and view (standard, downtown disney, or Cal. Adventure view) that you might want. Hope this helps.

Patty:D

We are going on Monday for 3 nights. We have a park view for 105 pts total. Should be a great time!

Thanks for the info and offer for the points chart. Since it sounds like it is not a good value, I will probably pursue Disneyland directly.

Thanks again.

The point conversion is not too bad, considering that The Grand Californian is the west coast equivalent to the Grand Floridian. The hotel is wonderful. If you limit your trip to weeknights, the points needed for a room are quite reasonable. You can see the actual numbers for your trip right on this website by selecting the "DVC Points Calculator" above, or following this link:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resort/dvcpoint.cfm

Keep in mind that the cash hotel room rates run $225 - $500 per night. (Sometimes, the cost can be a bit lower in the off season). On top of that, there is a tax of approximately 12% and a daily resort fee. If you use points, I believe that you avoid all of these extra charges.

One last thing ... This hotel has a great room option with a king bed, twin bunk beds, and an additional rollaway bed under the lower bunk. It REALLY can sleep five peaple quite comfortably.

You can also get a 1 or 2 bedroom suite using points. If this interests you at all send me a pm and I can send you the point amounts.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter