Grand Californian for family of 5?

DisneyRunner74

Earning My Ears
We are DVC members trying to book the GC for our family of 5 (kids ages 11, 10 and 6). There are no DVC rooms available for when we want to be there (January 2016) so we are going to use some banked points to stay in a standard room. Do any of you know if our family of 5 will fit? How do we request a room to fit us properly (as in, are there some key words we can say to DVC Member Services to help us guarantee a room for 5?)

As you'll hear, there are NO guaranties for a specific type of any room at the Disney Hotels.
All you can do put in a request at the time of reservation.

For five people all wanting a sleeping place, you'd need a 2Q + day bed or 1Q + bunks with a trundle.
Keep in mind the bunks are not the standard length of a twin.
Otherwise it's 2Q with a sleeping pad and sleeping bag.

Good luck

Geemo

We are DVC members trying to book the GC for our family of 5 (kids ages 11, 10 and 6). There are no DVC rooms available for when we want to be there (January 2016) so we are going to use some banked points to stay in a standard room. Do any of you know if our family of 5 will fit? How do we request a room to fit us properly (as in, are there some key words we can say to DVC Member Services to help us guarantee a room for 5?)
The 1 queen and bunks would probably work for your group. There are quite a few of this room. The 2 Q and the day bed would also be good, however, there are only 39 of these rooms in the entire hotel.

We just got back from the GC where we used points to stay in a standard room. We got rooms with 2 queens and then they supplied air beds for the floor. It worked out fine I just propped the beds up against the wall during the day. I didn't know they have bunkbeds or I probably would of requested those.
Good luck! I'm going to plan our next trip better so we can stay in a DVC room. I really missed the washer and dryer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter