Grand Californian Confectionary Spooky Tree

How funny...there wasn't one on Thursday afternoon when I stopped by...I wonder what happened to it?

12052606_1631382707128368_6807567260782219381_o.jpg

I just finished reading the Jugnel Cruise breakfast TR and thought "Did I miss the sign?! What is wrong with me?" ... There wasn't one there Saturday... ahd to double check my pics too...

How funny...there wasn't one on Thursday afternoon when I stopped by...I wonder what happened to it?
It wasn't there when I went either, and I went after you went (I think on the 26th).

The blog says there are 13 hidden mickeys. Kelly and I only found 6. I need to go back. lol

I'll check it out this weekend. I'll take some good pics over the coming week and have some detailed pics up in the coming TR>

It wasn't there when I went either, and I went after you went (I think on the 26th).
I stopped by on my way home on Sunday (9/27) and didn't see it either.

The blog says there are 13 hidden mickeys. Kelly and I only found 6. I need to go back. lol
How funny! I only spotted the most obvious one (the Mickey pumpkin) and by accident there appears to be another one captured in the photos. :goodvibes I have another trip planned with some other folk and so I hope to get back and check out the tree again (and this time, I'll be looking for the Hidden Mickeys).

I'll check it out this weekend. I'll take some good pics over the coming week and have some detailed pics up in the coming TR>
Awesome! I also have the photos (posted earlier in this thread) in my (Figment's) Halloween trip report, but hopefully I'll get some news ones too!

I stopped by on my way home on Sunday (9/27) and didn't see it either.

How funny! I only spotted the most obvious one (the Mickey pumpkin) and by accident there appears to be another one captured in the photos. :goodvibes I have another trip planned with some other folk and so I hope to get back and check out the tree again (and this time, I'll be looking for the Hidden Mickeys).

Awesome! I also have the photos (posted earlier in this thread) in my (Figment's) Halloween trip report, but hopefully I'll get some news ones too!
The sign board returned early to mid last week (Tue or Wed IIRC), but didn't say how many hidden Mickeys were present. Another guest and myself, managed to find 8 of them, but we wanted to know if we'd gotten them all. She guessed (correctly) that there'd be 13! A lot are hidden in the bark, but there were some amongst the leaves. Didn't see any in the rock wall, but perhaps I just missed it. I thought for sure there'd be one on the owl, but with the lighting I really couldn't tell.

Last edited:
I went and checked out the Spooky Tree over the weekend and they've added stuff since I was there two weeks ago! The sign board was up...
DSC_0184_zps2p8ve9aw.jpg

They've also added a bunch of accent elements to the display. At first I thought I was just mis-remembering, but I went back and looked at my photos from late-September and they weren't there! So, now there are now several rats at the base of the tree...
DSC_0171_zps5stu6osz.jpg

DSC_0158_zpsxvzojyoy.jpg

And spiders and bats on the tree...
DSC_0173_zpstqe8eayg.jpg

DSC_0169_zpssrri8pm2.jpg

I didn't have a chance to find all of the hidden Mickeys, but we found several. They're scattered in the leaves, on the tree trunk, and in the rocks...here are a few examples.
DSC_0180_zps5yg9lnob.jpg

DSC_0165_zpswktmjvvn.jpg

DSC_0160_zpsrktx5qt6.jpg

I added the photos of all the Hidden Mickeys that I did find to Figment's Halloween Trip Report thread.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter