Grand Cabana questions

delauzons

Mouseketeer
Lat night I made my reservations for my upcoming 3 night Disney cruise. We are 5 adults, 1 16 year old, 1 13 year old, 2 11 year olds, and a 4 year old. We were only able to get one of the Grand Cabanas. I booked it but I am concerned it is too out of the way from food, bathrooms, bar, and pelican plunge. Also heard water is rocky. We usually stay on the family beach by pelican plunge but I found with the bigger ships the beach is so crowded. Would love to keep it for the size. Looks wonderful inside but concerned we will spend more time walking to everything than getting to enjoy it. Any feedback would be very appreciated!

We were in Cabana #8 and the water wasn't bumpy. How did you book the Grand Cabana - online or did you have to call? I'm hoping to book it for our upcoming trip.

We were in Cabana #8 and the water wasn't bumpy. How did you book the Grand Cabana - online or did you have to call? I'm hoping to book it for our upcoming trip.
We booked it on line last night. Heard the further down ones are more rocky though.

If you google map Castaway Cay it will show you a satellite photo before the grand cabana was built. The section of trees/bushes all the way to the left is where it is located.

We stayed in #18 on our cruise in March which is 2 doors down and it was great. The sand may have a bit more in the way of shells in it, but I wouldn't say it was rocky at all. We had no issues running round barefoot. The lagoon down in that section is nice and calm and sheltered for younger kids too. It's maybe a 5 min walk to the bathrooms and food - but the cabana hosts will also run you around in golf carts as much as you like so the location was not really an issue for us. You are definitely a ways from Pelican Plunge and the majority of the Family beach activities, so it really depends on what you are wanting to do. We absolutely loved having a cabana just as a place to all park our things and be able to get out of the sun for a while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter