• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grand 1 Wishes Cruise

daisygirl902

DIS Veteran
What is the maximum number of people allowed on the Grand 1 Wishes cruise, including photographer? Has anyone had pics taken on the Wishes Cruise? Is it worth it?

I *think* its 18 total, so 16 + bride & groom, but I think it might be crowded.

I am interested as well in this answer! WHo booked the Grand 1?

I think Disney advertises the max as 18, but I have heard of people doing more than that. Here is the thing there is not a lot of outdoor space, you can fit a handful of people on the back of the boat and very mobile people can climb to the front and sit on the front of the boat. Inside on the lower level there are three bedrooms and a bathroom. The upper level consists of a sitting area with two sofa type things facing eachother and a large flat screen. There is also a dining table and booth that can hold up to four people and a very very small kitchen area where a butler can prep meals. So if you had 18 people I am not sure everyone could even fit outside to see the fireworks.

Another option would be to do two pontoon boats and have the photographers run around in a little speed boat.

We rented the boat in December. We had 16 people plus a photographer and there was plenty of room for everyone outside when it was time for the fireworks. It was such a fun thing to do and I love the pictures. :goodvibes

We rented the boat in December. We had 16 people plus a photographer and there was plenty of room for everyone outside when it was time for the fireworks. It was such a fun thing to do and I love the pictures. :goodvibes

I would want the Yacht to be OUTSIDE on it. Not many are really going to need or want to go inside. Is it your opinion there is enough room to walk around and hang outside?

I think Disney advertises the max as 18, but I have heard of people doing more than that. Here is the thing there is not a lot of outdoor space, you can fit a handful of people on the back of the boat and very mobile people can climb to the front and sit on the front of the boat. So if you had 18 people I am not sure everyone could even fit outside to see the fireworks.

Another option would be to do two pontoon boats and have the photographers run around in a little speed boat.

Most pictures I see of the Grand One are of people on the inside. That's not what I would want it for. We want to be outside on the boat and the water, so in your opinion there isn't a lot of space to walk around? Does anyone have pictures of a pontoon boat? How many does it fit? Thanks!

Has anyone had the private dining on board one of these cruises ? I was just wondering what sort of things you get and how much they cost - any info is much appreciated !!

Hi! I'm was thinking of maybe doing this after my reception for just wedding party and family...how much does it cost?? Has anyone done it this way before?? Is it only at night, daytime, or anytime you want?? Where does it start and where does it end? Any experience would be helpful! Thanks!! :goodvibes

Has anyone had the private dining on board one of these cruises ? I was just wondering what sort of things you get and how much they cost - any info is much appreciated !!

Generally you would order off the Grand Floridian's room service menu, but they can attempt to create just about any dish you can think of. Or, for a 25% surcharge, you can have them bring aboard a meal from one of the restaurants at the Grand.

Here's a link to a room service (aka "private dining") menu - it's kinda out of date but will give you an idea: http://allears.net/menu/menu_gfp.htm

Hi! I'm was thinking of maybe doing this after my reception for just wedding party and family...how much does it cost?? Has anyone done it this way before?? Is it only at night, daytime, or anytime you want?? Where does it start and where does it end? Any experience would be helpful! Thanks!! :goodvibes

The Grand 1 costs $480 per hour, and you can rent it just about any time of the day. At certain times of the year there is a 2-hour minimum. It can pick you up from any of the marinas on Bay Lake - GF, Poly, Wilderness Lodge, Contemporary - and drop you off at any of them.

Hello! Welcome! I think the Grand 1 is an excellent deal, when you add food it gets VERY expensive very quickly! We are thinking of doing it as well, but we are thinking of doing a dinner at a resterant first then heading out.

Our plans change every day of course, so who knows. I love the idea of the grand 1 though, its awesome.

If anyone has a timeline for dinner & grand 1, Id love the help!

Hello! Welcome! I think the Grand 1 is an excellent deal, when you add food it gets VERY expensive very quickly! We are thinking of doing it as well, but we are thinking of doing a dinner at a resterant first then heading out.

Our plans change every day of course, so who knows. I love the idea of the grand 1 though, its awesome.

If anyone has a timeline for dinner & grand 1, Id love the help!

We are tentatively planning the ceremony at noon, photos in the afternoon at Boardwalk, POP and Poly, and then dinner at 5 at Ohana...then directly onto the Grand 1...this is the plan so far, but as you said, it changes all the time!

If you use the Grand 1 just for the cruise, can that be added for the minimum for the wedding OR do you have to have food in order to do this OR can you add it to the minimum at all?? Can we rent it just for one hour to do a cruise and (possibly) a champagne toast? When during the year is there a 2 hour minimum? Sorry, I feel like I'm asking too many questions...so where do I go online to get more information? ;) Thank you!!! :goodvibes

If you use the Grand 1 just for the cruise, can that be added for the minimum for the wedding OR do you have to have food in order to do this OR can you add it to the minimum at all??

Someone just posted the other day that Disney told them the use of the Grand 1 wouldn't count toward their minimum expenditure, but I would double check that before giving up. In the past, people were able to use it as transportation during the wedding day and it counted.

Can we rent it just for one hour to do a cruise and (possibly) a champagne toast?

Yes! Just maybe not through DFTW, depending on what you learn... You might have to book it on your own.

When during the year is there a 2 hour minimum?

Usually it's only at Christmas/New Year's but I think they like to keep the wording vague in case they wanna do it during other holidays.

so where do I go online to get more information? ;) Thank you!!! :goodvibes

This is a great page for the basic info on chartering cruises at WDW:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/recreation/fireworks.htm

Alternatively, you can call 1-407-WDW-PLAY to get the latest pricing and info.

I really need to find my cd with my Grand 1 Wishes Cruise pics because they are not all uploaded. EEK! For us it was worth it to have our photographer there taking pictures. That was the most relaxing time of the day for us even though we were seriously about to fall over but I wanted the firework shots and was really happy to have them.

I can't answer about the new boat since I was on an older one. For our 5 year anniversary though we are definitely looking at booking it again and having a private dinner on board.

Our timeline was 5:00 wedding, straight to O'Hanas where we had to wait and wait and wait then we ate fast, then made it to the dock and waited because there was a mix up in times for when the yacht was to pick us up at the Poly.

When we used the Grand 1 the night after our ceremony we had 13 people on board and it was cozy...any more people and it would have been cramped outside...many more people could have been inside, but everyone wanted to be outside. We didn't order food because it was too expensive and we had done a huge luncheon that afternoon.

Here are a few pics to give you an idea.

100_0209-1.jpg

IMG_1144.jpg

IMG_1145.jpg

Lurkyloo "Someone just posted the other day that Disney told them the use of the Grand 1 wouldn't count toward their minimum expenditure, but I would double check that before giving up. In the past, people were able to use it as transportation during the wedding day and it counted."

Yes - my daughter rang DFTW a couple of weeks ago, and was told the Grand 1 expenditure wouldn't count towards her Wishes minimum. I'm with LurkyLoo on this - why wouldn't it count as transport??!! It's still on the 'possible things to do' list, but as she didn't get her first choice of ceremony time we've been busy re-thinking many of the options :surfweb:

Would love to hear how you get on when you ask the question. Good luck!

Does anyone know what's the minimum people you need to book the cruise?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter