• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grad nite

What are you interested in knowing?

I will say that grad nights will effect the crowds in BOTH parks, there is no escape. Schools have the choice of the party only, DCA & party or park hoppers & party. The Grads will be in both parks and unless the individual school requires them to, they may stay at Disneyland until the park closes before moving over to DCA for the rest of the night. Those will park hoppers will likely hop over to Disneyland when DCA closes at 9pm. And those without hoppers may choose Disneyland as their park for the day over DCA because DCA will close earlier then normal.

I will say that grad nights will effect the crowds in BOTH parks, there is no escape. Schools have the choice of the party only, DCA & party or park hoppers & party. The Grads will be in both parks and unless the individual school requires them to, they may stay at Disneyland until the park closes before moving over to DCA for the rest of the night. Those will park hoppers will likely hop over to Disneyland when DCA closes at 9pm. And those without hoppers may choose Disneyland as their park for the day over DCA because DCA will close earlier then normal.
Thanks. Wish we could go another day but we can’t.

So it would be wise to avoid going to either park on a grad night if at all possible? Never been during a grad night and not sure if it is a little crowd bump or packed to the rafters with frenzied high-schoolers.

So it would be wise to avoid going to either park on a grad night if at all possible? Never been during a grad night and not sure if it is a little crowd bump or packed to the rafters with frenzied high-schoolers.

It will be noticeably more crowded but not necessarily packed. The main thing you’ll notice is a lot more groups of teenagers. While for the most part there are no major issues, teenagers are still teenagers.

I will be in the parks during two grad nights. On a Wednesday I will be in DCA and then I will be in Disneyland on a Friday.

EDITED for clarification

Last edited:

We were there early June last year on a few days that were Gradnight events….other than more teens as usual it wasn’t that big of a deal.

It will be noticeably more crowded but not necessarily packed. The main thing you’ll notice is a lot more groups of teenagers. While for the most part there are no major issues, teenagers are still teenagers.

I will be there for two grad nights. One in DCA on a Wednesday and one In Disneyland on a Friday.
We can only go in the date that has the grad night. So we will just have to do as much as possible in the morning.

I will be there for two grad nights. One in DCA on a Wednesday and one In Disneyland on a Friday.

We can only go in the date that has the grad night. So we will just have to do as much as possible in the morning.
This website lists the 3 possible ticket options for a Grad Nite

All Grad Nite Parties are held in DCA.
It does not have any Grad Parties listed for DL.
Just the option of the teen having a hopper for the day prior to the party in DCA.

We will make the best of it. I just didn't know what to expect.
my grandchildren are 4 and 8 so we will do our best and take a break and then come back for fireworks later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter