GPA for college program

westjones

DIS Veteran
What would the GPA be (the lowest) that Disney would consider acceptable for someone applying for the college program?

Thanks!

I believe it's 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale)...someone please correct me if I'm wrong...

GPA is something that falls under a "school requirement". This is stated as item 2 here:
http://cp.disneycareers.com/en/about-disney-college-program/overview/

Typically whatever is considered "good standing" at school. 2.0 and not on any sort of academic probation.

And yes, they do check. This is stated in a few places besides in item 2 on their main page. Recently saw it mentioned in this article on their blog:
https://disneyprogramsblog.com/?p=5502

"Additionally, this is the site where we ask Educators to log-in and verify that their invited students meet not only our participation requirements, but also any additional requirements that their school may have. These could be requirements such as G.P.A., grade level, or number of credit hours earned."

I'm confused about where it says they talk to our schools to verify everything.. Do I personally have to do anything, or is all handled between Disney and my school? I looked at the website from the link ^ and where educators log in to see their students, but does my school/advisor get his login information from Disney, or do I have to tell him that I'm doing it so he can see?

I went to my career center a couple of weeks ago and right off the bat I was told the school doesn't accept any credit for the program, but that it still may be useful to do on my own. Do I have to go back and let them know that I'm doing it? Since they aren't accepting credit, I decided to go for it and take the Spring semester off, so I didn't register for classes or pay for housing or anything, because I won't be there..

So is there anything that I myself have to do? Any forms to get filled out or anything, or do I just go to my advisor and get the leave of absence form signed and that's that?

I'm confused about where it says they talk to our schools to verify everything.. Do I personally have to do anything, or is all handled between Disney and my school? I looked at the website from the link ^ and where educators log in to see their students, but does my school/advisor get his login information from Disney, or do I have to tell him that I'm doing it so he can see?

I went to my career center a couple of weeks ago and right off the bat I was told the school doesn't accept any credit for the program, but that it still may be useful to do on my own. Do I have to go back and let them know that I'm doing it? Since they aren't accepting credit, I decided to go for it and take the Spring semester off, so I didn't register for classes or pay for housing or anything, because I won't be there..

So is there anything that I myself have to do? Any forms to get filled out or anything, or do I just go to my advisor and get the leave of absence form signed and that's that?

You may want to ask this question in a new thread. I am not sure how many people will look at this one since it was just a straight answer sort of question.

And I do not know the answer to your question, but my DD has looked into doing the program a little and one of her friends has also looked into it, and from what the college seems to be telling her, they won't accept the credits from the Disney College program towards her degree requirements (not sure if they could be considered electives, but she doesn't need those). They DID suggest taking 'online classes' to help stay on track. You could check with your college to see if they offer those (I think most do now).

It most likely won't effect you for next semester, but one concern I have for my DD is if the health insurance laws change back, she would lose her coverage while in the Disney program (that is unless she registers for a full class load online, but I don't think my DD could handle that and all the hours you have to work at Disney as well). I read some older post from parents from before the current laws and I guess some parents would take out a policy while they child was in the program and then when they returned to college they could go back on their parents insurance again. But that makes me nervous. So I am waiting to see what happens in the upcoming months.

Anyway, if you are going next semester, you will probably be alright. But I would think more people would respond to you question in a new thread.

Best of luck! It sounds like it would be a lot of fun to be in the program.

Disney does not check on your GPA. No school would give out this information without written consent and even then would suggest you mail your transcript.

They ask the school to verify that people meet their (Disney's Requirements) and the school's requirements.

School's give a "yes" or "no". They do not have to give specifics. disney doesn't need specifics. They only need "this person is OK" or "this person is not".

Do I personally have to do anything, or is all handled between Disney and my school?

you don't have to do anything. they have a contact for each school that has the log in username and password. they are the ones who verify.

If there is an issue, Disney will follow up with the student to let them know.

As a general rule of thumb, if there is something YOU need to do. YOU will be told about it. It will be on the onboarding site listed as a step.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter