Gotta share our secret trip b4 I explode

dizneeluvr

Mystery Writer
Hi DVCers!

The countdown is on...we will be up to our "ears" ;) in the magic of the kingdom two weeks from today to celebrate our DD's 4th birthday!!! Our girls don't have a CLUE we are going and I'm about ready to explode if I don't share this secret with someone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I asked my DD today what she would wish for if she could blow out her birthday candle right now. Wanna guess what she said????

"To go to Disney Wowld"

WOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Here We Come!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for letting me get that out of my system.

Laura
(this will be our second stay as VWL owners)

shh......I promise not to tell anyone. Have a very good time and tell us all about it when you get back. :)

Your secret is safe with me:D
I hope you have an incredible time & I hope that you can keep the secret for 2 more weeks;) Your DD will be thrilled!

Happy Early BirthdayWishes to your DD - And have a great trip:)

What fun!!!:Pinkbounc

Don't blow the secret now!!! How are you getting them on the plane without knowing where they are going?

I don't imagine we can hold off until we are actually on WDW property. What we are planning is to pick up DD (7) after school on our departure day and start heading to the airport. We may play "no questions" and just tell them to "wait and see".... I've thought about giving them both a single piece of paper cut out like a question mark and they can each only ask one question about what we are doing. I imagine the 7 yo's will be "where are we going" (airport), soon-to-be 4 yo's will be "what are we doing" (going on an adventure).

But even if they figure it out at the airport it will still be an awesome secret. I've thought about working in the birthday wish thing...since DD (4) has already told me that is what she would wish for.

I'm Open for ideas!

Laura

We just told our DS today that we will be leaving for WDW in less than 2 weeks to celebrate his 6th birthday! He keeps saying "I can't stop thinking about this. I'm going to be the first person in the history of our family to have a birthday at Disneyworld!" And he's been running around doing a happy dance - it's hysterical. I know how hard it is to keep the secret but it's worth the look on their faces. Have a great time!!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Hi.... It is a great idea to suprise them...You are starting the Magic before you even get here.....anything i can do to help?, I'd be happy too..

We surprised my ds when he was 5 (not for his birthday....) we told him we were going to the beach. After several hours in the car he figured it out, but was not too happy! I've learned not to spring things on him too quickly because he takes some time to adjust....he was really disappointed we weren't going to the beach! But that's just my kid.....and my mistake in telling him we were going anywhere (though I don't know that I could have hidden the packing, etc....from him anyway!)

Good luck, and Happy Birthday to your little one!

We've surprised my niece 3 times! The first time (pre-9/11) we took her (5 yrs old) to the airport. While she was looking at the parked planes, we handed the ticket agent at the gate an envelope and told the unsuspecting half-asleep child to ask him for Nana's ticket. He was wonderful, he asked her name and then, much to her astonishment, handed her an envelope with her name on it. Inside were 5 slips of paper (fake tickets made on the computer not to resemble a real ticket) with everybody's name on it. She was thrilled because she had a ticket and got to go on the plane ride. My brother wasn't going to tell her where we were going, but I couldn't help myself! I had printed a picture of Cinderella's Castle on the back of my ticket. Once she saw that, all bets were off. She started jumping up and down "Yippee!!!". The second time, Mom and Dad weren't going, just Nana, Auntie and her. I held out my hands, palm down, during dinner at the restaurant (near the airport) and made her pick a hand. Tucked inside was a Park Hopper Pass. Yet again, up and down, "Yippee". This time we told her 2 weeks ago, and now she gets to be in on the fun of knowing her sister is going down with us this time, Oh boy, a rookie!!. If you feel like bursting now, wait until you get to start packing, and then in the car, and then at the airport. You'll truly have memories to last a lifetime, and that's before you even get into the park! BTW, stop by City Hall in the MK and get a birthday button. It's a hoot, and the CMs will treat the birthday person special.

AskMickey,

I sent you a private message!!!

We are now down to 10 days and I am sooooo excited! DD was saying just today how much she misses Mickey and Minnie. It was all I could do to keep from saying "you'll see them VERY soon". But I didn't...I clamped my mouth shut and put on the best poker face I could (which I'm not good at--but since I was driving and she was in her car seat, she couldn't see my face anyway)!

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laura

Laura,

I hope you all have a great time. I know you will. Did you get the Minnie Mouse gift basket or anything special set up for delivery to your room for your DD? I know how you feel, we have five weeks and two days before we are off, but who's counting. Have fun at Chef Mickey's

Kirt.

This is a FANTASTIC thing to do! Your kids will be talking about it forever. We did this last year with our 4 & 7 DS. They had no idea what was going on until they were standing in line to check our luggage.Even then, it took a few minutes for it to sink in. Our 7 yo thought we were joking & once we let them know it was "for real" they just started jumping up & down & screaming. It was the best thing we have ever done. The only problem is now the older one wants to go down for his birthday....I guess that wouldn't be so bad :)

Hi....I have no clue as to how to access a private message...there was nothing in my mail box on AOL...I'm new to this website..

Ask Mickey,

You figured it out....cuz I got your reply. And I have replied again!

Laura
p.s. the BIG surprise is just 8 8 days away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm really glad you are not going this weekend. I know you are anxious to get there but the forecast I see through next Wednesday is rain, brought to you by Isidora. Let's hope in 8 days you will have a trip full of sunny, perfect weather.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter